Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Rotten Girl 50: Brainstorm

So, the Demon King Ren was not satisfied.

"Bai Ning, are you testing my patience?"

"Hmm?" Before I could react, my chin was firmly held by a large hand, and Demon King Ren's eyes flickered in the dark. "You... dare to daydream at a time like this!!"

Looking into the Demon King Ren's eyes, I sighed once again.

It's not like I haven't thought about revealing the truth about Boxi. Demon King Ren is cunning and shrewd, no, he's incredibly astute. He must know the best way to help me reject Boxi. But after months of living together, I've learned that Demon King Ren is definitely not as magnanimous as he appears on the surface, especially when it comes to jealousy. If he were to find out about Boxi, I would be the one to suffer in the end. And lately, the punishments have been increasing in frequency and creative. I really...

Thinking about the specifics of the "punishments," my face blushed slightly as I swatted away the hand on my chin. A sudden idea came to mind. "Ren Han, you must have been pursued by many people before, right?"

The topic changed too quickly, and Demon King Ren was taken aback before narrowing his eyes. "Oh? Is my Ning Ning worried about being pursued by someone lately?"

I pondered, thinking this might be a way out, and quickly nodded as I threw myself into it. "Yes, yes! Demon King Ren, please tell me, how did you handle it in the past, rejecting others while not hurting their self-esteem?"

Demon King Ren hooked his lips, pulling me into his embrace before saying, "That's not easy to handle. I've never been pursued by debts, after all."

"==" Looking at Demon King Ren, who still wore an innocent expression, I exploded in anger. "Not debts! It's pursuit! Pursuit! It's about feelings, do you understand?!"

"I see..." Demon King Ren looked up at the ceiling, lost in thought for a while before meeting my gaze and speaking in a deep voice, "Bai Ning, who would be so blind?"

o(╯□╰)o There's absolutely no way to communicate with this person!!

"Are you saying it's not you, the one who's least discerning, who ended up cohabiting with me?"

Ren Han's eyes bulged, continuing to feign innocence. "I'm also a victim, you know. Ah, back then, you pursued me so relentlessly..."

"..." I had the urge to flip the covers over, but I gritted my teeth and held back. "Uncle Ren, are you sure it was me who pursued you? As a blossoming young girl, would I be interested in an older man like you, five years my senior? I don't even know who played tricks and employed schemes, luring me step by step into the palace, where I became prey."

As I finished speaking, Demon King Ren dangerously narrowed his eyes. "What did you call me?"

Still wearing a sweet smile, still speaking in a gentle tone, but I knew I had touched Demon King Ren's bottom line. Speaking of this "Uncle Ren," there was also a little episode.

One night, after Demon King Ren had exerted his dominance, he suddenly displayed some leisurely and elegant behavior, holding me close and whispering in my ear, "Ning Ning, you always call me 'Ren Han' or 'VP Ren,' isn't that awkward?"

"What's so awkward about it?"

Demon King Ren bit my earlobe, his voice low was alluring. "Even when we're intimate, you call me 'Ren Han.' How is that any different from outsiders? At least... you should have a unique nickname for me."

Unique...

A nickname...

One that no one else could use, only I could call him...

Gazing into Demon King Ren's expectant eyes, the answer was clearly written on my face: Call me "hubby," call me "hubby" quickly! So, I hesitated for a moment, cleared my throat, and playfully said, "Uncle Ren."

Unique and considered a nickname, I believe I'm the only one with the courage to say it, while others wouldn't dare. It's the best possible answer, right?

"Bai Ning, try saying it one more time!"

To deal with the Demon King's irritability, the best method is to pour a bucket of cold water. So, I intentionally yawned and turned over, saying, "I know, Uncle Ren, you're getting stronger with age. Go to sleep. We still have tomorrow--" Before I could finish my sentence, my lips were fiercely captured, and my limbs were restrained by the "strong and sturdy" Uncle Ren. My mind went blank, and a tear reflected all my emotions at that moment: 

Am I playing with fire and self-immolating? Sob, sob, sob!

Just before I suffocated, the Demon King finally mercifully let go of me and said very seriously, "Ning Ning, let's go out for dinner this weekend."

??

"I want to eat the food you cook." By the way, I have never had the opportunity to eat a meal that the Demon King cooked for me alone.

"Next time."

"No, I want you to cook for me this weekend. I--" Before I could finish my sentence, Ren Han's murderous gaze shot towards me. "Bai Ning, you haven't forgotten what day this weekend is, have you?"

My back stiffened, and I furrowed my brow. What day is it? Buddha's birthday? XX Association founding anniversary? Celebrating the birth of the great writer Lao She?

I looked up at the ceiling, still lost in confusion, while the Demon King completely erupted in anger. "Bai Ning, if you can't remember, you won't need to eat anymore!"

"..."

Company's sixth-anniversary celebration? Payment due day? Ultraman's birthday?

Oh heavens, someone save me!

Because I really couldn't figure out what day it was this weekend, the Boss Ren had been carrying a dark cloud over his head for a week, with a dark face as if he wanted to skin and devour me. He didn't even give me a good look at work, and everyone in the company started spreading rumors that I was cheating.

Even my colleagues in the editing department were affected. Since I couldn't bear the Demon King's deathly glare, I sought help from Can Can and Xiao Wei. The result was that the three of us guessed from Monday to Thursday, going through the hundredth day of knowing each other, the hundredth day of being in love, the hundredth day of cohabitation, his father's and mother's birthdays, his grandmother's and sister's birthdays, and even dates and movie days, but we couldn't find the correct answer. In the end, when Can Can saw me, she would start running, and Xiao Wei would cry and say, "Xiao Ning, spare me. Your Demon King's thoughts are too difficult to guess. You better ask him yourself!"

In the end, the person who gave me the accurate answer was none other than the pregnant Worm.

Staring at the VIP ticket for Delicate group's concert club in my hand, I glared at Worm with disdain. I wished I could kick this damn woman away. If it weren't for the sake of the child...

Slamming the table, I threw the VIP ticket at Worm's face and started stomping my feet. "Worm, you intentionally came here to annoy me, didn't you?"

"No, not at all,"Worm innocently touched her belly. "I came here to help you relieve your worries, didn't I?"

"You, you, you..." I pointed at her nose and gritted my teeth. "You knew that the Demon King has been upset with me recently because of some unknown anniversary, and you didn't help me figure out what day is after tomorrow. Instead, you gave me these VIP tickets for Delicate's concert for me to take Ren Han."

Hearing this, Worm raised her eyebrows slightly, "Who told you that these tickets were meant for you and Ren Han?"

I was speechless as I picked up the tickets and counted them. There were two of them. "If they're not for me and Ren Han, then why did you give them to me? Should I go with you?"

Worm rolled her eyes, "I'm not going. I heard that all the fans of Delicate are crazy, and some even skip classes to attend. What if they get too excited upon seeing them and accidentally squeeze into my belly? Won't my husband be furious?"

"Then who should I go with?"

"Go with Bo Xi..."

Huh?

With those words, I was already staring at Bo Xi with dumbfounded eyes. Oh, Worm, oh Worm, I thought you were so wise. Everyone says that pregnant women become dumb, but I didn't believe it. Yet, you just proved me wrong. "Did I hear it wrong, or did you lose your mind?"

To think that I would go to the song club's concert with Bo Xi, my ex-boyfriend! Ha! What a bizarre turn of events! If the paparazzi found out about this little secret of ours and saw Bo Xi and me together at the concert, wouldn't they be ecstatic? Seeing my reaction, Worm shook her head and sneered, "You just don't understand, do you? Listen, if Bo Xi truly lost his memory, you can consider this date as a breakup ceremony. Maybe when you accompany him to the concert, he'll be emotionally triggered by the surroundings and suddenly remember Delicate. Then, you'll be relieved from your burden in an instant."

Worm coughed, "If, he's pretending to have amnesia, haha! That would be even more fun. Let them both stare at each other dumbfounded and then you can play dumb and say goodbye to him. It will be a happy ending for everyone. Hey, this rejection method that is unprecedented and unparalleled, and was thought up by me, Miss Worm, after three days and three nights of brainstorming. I even used my father's connections to secure a seat in the third row center, so that Jiaojiao can see you clearly and Boxi can see the beautiful Jiaojiao. You must not refuse!"

I listened to her words in a daze. "Will it really work?"

"Oh, of course!"

"But, the day after tomorrow, I've already promised to go to a restaurant with Ren Han." The thought of not yet figuring out what anniversary it is the day after tomorrow made me feel distressed. If I let something else interfere with our date, Demon King Ren would surely chop me into pieces.

"Don't worry," Worm patted my shoulder with great righteousness, pointing to the VIP ticket. "See, the concert is only two hours long. Jiaojiao is a big star, busier than you can imagine. The concert will be over at four in the afternoon. By then, whether Boxi remembers Jiaojiao or not, your breakup date with him will be over, and you'll have no further involvement. You'll be free to accompany my little nephew on a date. Isn't that carefree?"

As I stared at Worm's animated expression and her eloquent words, I pursed my lips. The plan sounded good... but why do I have this ominous feeling?


MiraiSaesang's notes: Hmmm...this is a good, if not great plan even (for us in the peanut gallery anyway😈) BUUUUT She has to tell Ren Han about this, otherwise it can backfire badly!


Previous Chapter            Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *