Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Rotten Girl 49: Hidden Secrets

Upon returning home, along with Ultraman's enthusiastic welcome, there was also a delightful aroma of food.

As I took off my shoes, before even stepping into the house, the Demon King emerged from the kitchen with a commanding presence. "You're back?"

I glanced over and was instantly petrified.

This... is still the Demon King, right? With a spatula in his left hand, a plate in his right hand, and wearing a pink apron around his waist, he had the standard attire of a cooking man at home. Despite the greasy kitchen environment, he still exuded a heroic and spirited aura. Even with such a "mom-like" object as an apron around his waist, it could outline a sexy figure.

Unconsciously, I shifted my gaze away, my face slightly blushing. Indeed... birds of a feather flock together. After being with the Demon King for so long, I could even be "charmed" by him wearing an apron. What a failure.

Afraid that the Demon King would notice my flaw, I quickly found a topic. "Why did you come back so early?" It wasn't even time to finish work yet. Could it be that I'm dreaming? Or is it a daydream?

The Demon King remained calm and casually placed the stir-fried dish on the table, raising an eyebrow. "Who said I couldn't come back early? Also, where did you go?"

Uh... My heart skipped a beat. Could it be that the Demon King came back to catch me in the act of cheating? Seriously, he found out right after I had tea with my ex? Biting my finger, I was calculating how to get past this, but the Demon King continued, "And who said I couldn't leave work early?"

At his words, I was completely and utterly stunned. Capitalist, oh capitalist! While exploiting us, you leisurely decide when to leave work. Shameless! With these thoughts, my long-suppressed resistance as a laborer erupted. Summoning my courage, I coldly snorted, "You came back so early just to cook?"

The Demon King glanced at me disdainfully, a smile on his lips, but his eyes carried a hint of murderous intent. I swallowed nervously, instantly shrinking back. Deep inside, I howled in protest: How can the Demon King, dressed as a housewife, still possess such intimidation? It's unfair, so unfair.

While my heart cried, I put on a flattering smile and said, "Demon King, you're too good. You left work early just to cook for me."

The Demon King shrugged his shoulders and lightly opened his lips. "Who said it was for you?"

"Huh?" I suffered internal injuries from being caught off guard, barely avoiding spitting out blood. Demon King, is there a day when you won't tease me? Will you die if you stop?

While I was dumbfounded, the Demon King went back into the kitchen and brought out several dishes, one after another. I had a good cry in the coffee shop, which consumed a lot of energy, and now I had a beautiful man and delicious food right in front of me, causing my mouth to water incessantly.

"I have a friend coming over later."

Upon hearing this, I was immediately dumbfounded. What kind of friend could be so important that it would require the Demon King himself to personally cook? Last time when Xiao Xiao came over, he didn't show that much concern. My mind spun in circles, and suddenly I thought of a possibility that made my legs go weak.

"Ren Han, could it be that your parents are coming over?" Please, no! I haven't mentally prepared myself for that yet. >O<

Before I could even finish my sentence, Demon King Ren threw his cooking utensils at me and retorted, "If my parents were coming over, wouldn't it be your job to cook?"

I covered my head and wailed. Knowing it wasn't Ren Han's parents coming over slightly eased my worries, but then I burst into tears, "If I cook, won't I scare away your mom and dad?"

"So, someone's culinary skills need more practice."

My culinary skills need more practice? Hearing those words, I blinked, blinked again, and blinked once more. Suddenly, I remembered a long, long time ago, not long after I met Demon King Ren, he lured me back to his home and forced me to cook. Could it be that since then, the Demon King had ill intentions towards me, wanting to improve my culinary skills and then bring me back to meet his parents?

I stared at Ren Han in astonishment, and he seemed to realize he had said too much. He coughed lightly, changing the subject with a carefree tone, "You still haven't answered where you went earlier."

Oh no, here it comes again! I frowned with a bitter face, gritted my teeth for a while, and finally came up with an excuse, "Oh, well, you see, the weather was nice today, the sun was out, so I went to stroll in the small garden, bask in the sun, hehehe—" I trailed off, gradually losing my enthusiasm. Because... the expression on his face was becoming incredibly unpleasant.

I paused for a moment, the Demon King sighed, "Bai Ning, do you know that it's still summer?"

"....I know."

"And do you know that the sun is the hottest at three in the afternoon?"

"....I know that too."

"So, you went outside to stroll in the garden and sunbathe while self-inflicting damage to your skin?"

"...." You know I'm not good at lying, so please don't expose me.

Just when I was trapped with no way out, the doorbell conveniently rang, and with a look that said "I'll deal with you later," Ren Han went to answer the door. Leaning against the doorframe, my curiosity piqued. Who could be this important guest? If Ren Han didn't instruct me, perhaps I could go out and meet the guest and have a meal together?

"Ah, I'm starving! Wow, the food is ready too!"

Hearing the voice of the important guest, I was petrified for the second time today.

It's a woman!

A woman, actually!!

Damn it, Ren Han personally cooked for another woman right in front of me. It's unbearable! Enduring being cheated on once wasn't enough, and now there's a second time?! In that moment, anger surged within me. I grabbed the frying pan from the cutting board and stormed out.

In the living room, Ren Han was helping the woman in a long dress with her luggage. Even Ultraman, that traitorous little dog, was wagging its tail enthusiastically in front of the woman. It was practically about to wag its butt off. Grinding my teeth in anger, this is good, all the luggage has been brought in. Are they planning to stay here as well?!

"Oh, how can I let you carry the luggage?"

"It's okay, just be careful of the baby in your belly."

There's a baby too?

In an instant, the words "intruding into the inner chamber" flashed before my eyes. Grinding my teeth, I finally exploded, "Ren... Han...!"

As I spoke, both the dog, man and the woman looked up, and in the next moment, I froze in place.

"Worm?"

Looking at the pregnant worm on the other side, my mouth twitched.

During that meal, it felt more like Demon King and I were accompanying Worm to eat rather than enjoying the meal ourselves. The appetite of a pregnant woman was truly insatiable. Ever since my close friend Worm got married and moved abroad, our chances of meeting had become few and far between. We relied solely on online communication. Recently, we had received the news of Worm's pregnancy, and while everyone was offering their congratulations, I sat in a corner drawing mushrooms.

You see, I was well aware of how protective Worm's husband was of her. Ever since she became pregnant, I could imagine he scrutinized every move, from touching the computer to making phone calls. So, for the past three months, I had had no contact with Worm whatsoever. I had tried writing a letter that would travel across the ocean, but it seemed to have vanished into thin air.

And now, there sat Worm, right in front of me, enjoying her meal. It felt incredibly surreal. Unable to contain myself, I finally blurted out, "Worm, you didn't escape and come back, did you?"

Upon hearing this, Worm responded with disdain, "How is that possible? I came back through proper channels with all the necessary security checks. If you don't believe me, ask Xiao Han." With a smile on her face, she turned to Demon King and said, "By the way, thank you Xiao Han for cooking. It's a hundred times better than someone else's."

My fists had slightly clenched. Xiao Han... Did Worm call him Xiao Han? And what did she mean by saying it was a hundred times better than someone else's?

Demon King patted my head gently and reminded me, "Bai Ning, it's okay to feel jealous, but no fighting. After all, she is your close friend and a pregnant woman."

Upon hearing this, Worm took advantage of the situation and nodded, even deliberately emphasizing her slightly protruding belly. The implication was clear: If you dare, come at me.

I burst into tears. "You never cooked for me! And how did you two even end up together?"

Worm laughed heartily. "Why are you being so harsh? Well, if we trace back, Xiao Han is actually my cousin-in-law!"

My mind was in chaos, and I turned mechanically to Demon King, who gave me a glance and casually confirmed, "Hmm, her husband is my mom's cousin. I was supposed to pick her up this time, but Worm asked me to stay home and cook. So-"

"Uh-huh," Worm nodded incessantly, "My dad had already prepared a car to pick me up. It wasn't necessary, and besides, I missed Xiao Han's cooking more, hehe!"

After a pause, Worm suddenly gave me an evil smile. I sensed trouble, but before I could react, she uttered the most unbearable words I could hear that day. "So, hurry up and get married, then I can officially be called 'aunt-in-law' by someone. Oh, how amusing!"

After the meal, Demon King, using the excuse of walking with Ultraman, wisely left us girls some space and went outside.

Worm excitedly toured the room, visiting it over and over again. She just wouldn't say the reason for her return. Leaning against the doorframe, I watched her and asked, "Come on, confess. Why did you come back?"

Worm giggled mischievously, sat comfortably on the sofa, and took a sip of water before sticking her tongue out. "Oh dear, my husband was away on a business trip, and I missed him so much, so I came back."

"Is your husband on a business trip in China?"

"No," she replied with a self-righteous tone. "He's in Japan."

In Japan, and you came back to China? I don't believe it! After all that, Worm, you couldn't bear the restrictions being imposed on you pregnant woman, so you took the opportunity while your husband was away to run off.

Worm pulled me closer, wearing a strangely wicked smile. "Actually, I came back for another reason."

"What reason?"

"To watch a play."

"What play?"

At her words, Worm's lips curled and her eyes sparkled. "I heard that Bo Xi woke up and, in a ridiculously dramatic twist, lost his memory."

I froze for a moment, thinking about the chaotic things that had happened recently, and let out a heavy sigh. Worm, this is not the time to rub salt in the wound, okay?

Seeing my reaction, Worm spoke earnestly, "Ahem, Bai Ning, I came back to remind you, whatever happens, don't let yourself be swayed by this. My nephew treats you so well. He even came to see me when he returned to England a while ago..."

Hearing that Ren Han had gone to see Worm, I was shocked. It wasn't strange for them to know each other due to their family relationship, and it wasn't strange for Demon Ren to visit his mother's family in England during his recent business trip. But specifically seeking out Worm...

"What did he say to you?"

Worm replied, "He said he wants you for a lifetime, so to avoid future suspicions, he wanted to understand what happened three years ago."

I fell silent, speechless.

During this period, the news of Bo Xi waking up and losing his memory had spread like wildfire. Even if Ren Han was pretending to be ignorant, he must have heard bits and pieces of it. But he continued to act like he didn't know, not uttering a word about it in front of me. I thought he didn't care. Little did I know, he had already made a secret arrangement with Worm.

I glared at Worm and gritted my teeth, "You traitor! You sold me out just like that."

Worm chuckled, "I had no choice. After all, my baby in the belly has some connection and history with him." It was clear that I was now an outsider. Worm, you're ruthless!

I glanced out the window, and Worm's smile faded. Her voice became low and heavy, "Xiao Ningzi, really, don't turn back anymore. When I first met Ren Han, I thought this notorious playboy was just playing around with you. But..." Worm locked eyes with me, shining brightly, "Actually, when he went back to England last time, it wasn't for business. His family called him back, wanting him to enter into an arranged marriage. Can you guess what happened? My husband said that he paid a price for choosing you. As for what exactly that price is, I have no idea."

My heart tightened abruptly. He had never, never mentioned any of these things to me. Ren Han, how many things have you kept from me?


Previous Chapter         Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *