Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Rotten Girl 48: Floodgates

 As I had a few extra days of sick leave for no apparent reason, I finally had some free time to visit my BL novel website. Of course, I took advantage of the time when a certain someone was at work.

Sure enough, there were countless souls trapped in cliffhangers at the bottom of the pits. After logging into the backstage, notifications from the Editor-in-Chief's update summoning order popped up one by one. I anxiously clicked through them until I reached the messages from the past week.


Sender: Guo Ning, the Giver

Time: April 20, 2010

Content: Xiao Ningzi, if you don't update soon, I'll expose your real information!! Let the readers take care of you themselves by blocking your doorstep.

Expose my real information? No way! As an editor, I have professional ethics. This threat is ineffective. I closed the message.


Sender: Guo Ning, the Giver

Time: April 22, 2010

Content: Bai Ning!! Get out here!! Don't think you can get away with shutting down your phone and not replying to QQ messages. Take a look at the readers who have been deceived by your unfinished stories. Can you justify yourself to them?!

Using readers to influence me? Yawn. They've been deceived by countless unfinished stories. I won't make a difference. Persuasion is ineffective. I closed the message.


Sender: Guo Ning, the Giver

Time: April 23, 2010

Content: Xiao Ningzi, be a good girl, I won't scold you anymore. Come out quickly. Let me tell you, a little cutie joined the group today. ^^

Little cutie~ Hmm, I kind of want to see it, but... when I think of Editor Guo's queen whip, forget it. It's the same as having the strange uncle, Demon King, watching. Still ineffective. I closed the message.


Sender: Guo Ning, the Giver

Time: April 30, 2010

Content: I found a new BL video. Do you want it?

...The last email was sent this morning. After reading the content, my hand paused on the mouse for two seconds, and without hesitation, I clicked on the reply button.


Sender: [Xiao Ningzi]

Time: April 30, 2010

Content: Darling!!! I missed you so much, let's chat on QQ!

Indeed, my soft spot will always be BL videos.

I logged onto QQ and immediately sent an angry emoticon to Guo Ning, the editor.

[Xiao Ningzi]: Hug! You made me so angry! The magazine recently sent me to do a special feature interview, and I didn't expect the place to have no internet connection.

I guess the editor doesn't believe me much either, as it took several minutes before he calmly replied with just two words.

[Xiao Ningzi]: Mhmm, got it. I have some free time lately, and I'll definitely work hard to update and live up to your cultivation, Editor Guo!

[Xiao Ningzi]: By the way, Editor, I heard a little cutie recently joined the group. Who is it?

...

Feeling that I had stimulated the editor too much, besides the two words "update," it seemed like they didn't want to say anything else to me. In that case, I shamelessly started typing on the keyboard.

Xiao Ningzi: By the way, dear, where did you download that GV? Have you watched it? Hehe.

This time, the editor finally spoke up and said a few more words.

[Guo Ning, the Giver]: I'll send it to you after you update with 10,000 words.

Indeed, when the devil advances, the Tao rises to meet it. Guo Ning, you're ruthless!

Thinking about the treasured GV that had somehow fallen into Ren Han's hands, I gritted my teeth and opened the long-neglected novel document. For the sake of the GV, I would give it my all!

Just as I was about to start writing diligently, Guo Ning sent another message.

[Guo Ning, the Giver]: While you're updating, make sure to handle your personal issues.

[Guo Ning, the Giver]: I've been looking for you urgently recently. Apart from the updates, someone is causing trouble for you.

[Guo Ning, the Giver]: I've already been scolded by the chief editor. I'll deal with you once I'm done with this week's busy schedule!

Staring at the screen, I was shocked once again. I rarely interacted on literary websites, remaining silent except for occasional banter with readers in the editor group. How could someone be targeting me? Just as I was about to ask for more details, Guo Ning sent me a screenshot.

The screenshot appeared to be the editor's backend, and Guo Ning had already deleted numerous densely packed comments.

Commenter: Bo Xi

Ningning, why haven't you come to see me? My mom won't let me go find you, and I can't reach you on my phone. What happened to you?

Commenter: Bo Xi

Ningning, is it because I've been in a coma for these past few years that so many things have happened? Fine, even if you don't want me anymore, let's have a sincere talk and let me know everything that happened in these years, alright? It hurts me that you don't meet me or answer my calls. Do you know how much I suffer? Even if you want to break up, can you at least give an explanation?

Commenter: Bo Xi

Thank you all for your support. I want to clarify that this is not a publicity stunt. I just want to find the author in person. Because I couldn't reach her, I resorted to this measure. I'm sorry, Ningning. I didn't mean to disrupt your life. If you really think my awakening would bother you, you can tell me. A text message or a phone call will do, and I won't bother you anymore. I just want an explanation...

After each comment, the replies kept coming, even though all the related comments were cleared. I could still vividly picture the situation at that time. Seeing the two words "Bo Xi" again, my heart sank inexplicably, and a discomfort settled in my throat. Bo Xi... What exactly do you want from me?

Since Bo Xi woke up, I firmly refused his parents' request for him to act in a play. But Bo Xi still called me from time to time. I couldn't tell him the truth, nor could I bear his fiery enthusiasm. Coupled with my cohabitation with Ren Han, I feared it would affect our relationship, so I changed my phone number.

As a result, Guo Ning, the Giver, couldn't find me no matter how hard she tried. However, I never expected that Bo Xi would leave me a message on the novel website. Years ago, before I immersed myself in the world of GV, I would occasionally write light novels online out of boredom. Back then, the popularity was so low that not even a cockroach bothered to visit, but I would pout and rely on Bo Xi to leave comments and vote them every day. So, it was normal for him to know this ID.

But I never imagined that one day, Bo Xi would resort to this method just to find me...

If you truly have amnesia, how should I face this situation? If you're faking amnesia, why go to such lengths and for what purpose?

Seeing that I remained silent, Editor Guo sent another message.

[Guo Ning, the Giver]: I won't inquire about what's true or false. Take care of the situation for your own good, understand?

[Guo Ning, the Giver]: That child seems quite sincere. If you really don't like him... make it clear. Sorry for being meddlesome.

Staring at the screen for a long time, I let out a sigh. Finally, I picked up the phone and dialed the familiar number. If... you truly want to wait for me, you will reactivate this number, won't you? Sure enough, after two rings, a slightly puzzled male voice came through. Hearing that "hello," thinking of those messages, my eyes inexplicably became a little teary. It seemed that even if I had built walls of bronze and iron, my heart was still made of tofu.

"It's me."

"Ning Ning? I—"

Interrupting Bo Xi, I said, "Let's meet."

We arranged to meet at Mr. Moon Café, coincidentally the same place where Bo Xi and I had our first date. I chose the location, thinking about where it all started and where it should end.

When I arrived at the café, Bo Xi was already there. He had chosen the same spot where we sat for the first time. In some aspects, we still had some unspoken understanding.

Sitting across from Bo Xi, he continued to gaze out the window in contemplation, not even turning to look at me. I ordered drinks with the server, and we remained silent, creating a slightly awkward atmosphere. Biting my lower lip, memories from years ago resurfaced one by one. Unusually, my nose felt a bit sour. I'm not a saint; I would feel pain and discomfort from being betrayed. But at that time, Bo Xi, you weren't there. You ran off with Cinderella, leaving me with a canceled engagement ceremony.

Finally, I managed to endure through the days I least wanted to remember. Eventually, the generous the Lord took pity on me and bestowed a proud receiver upon me. I thought my days of happiness were about to begin, but then you appeared again, in a pitiable state.

Taking a deep breath, I finally looked up and said, "Bo Xi, I have someone I like."

Bo Xi remained silent, only turning his head to gaze at me, his obsidian eyes shimmering with moisture. I closed my eyes, thinking that whether I die early or late, I must say it all at once. "You're right, a lot has happened in these three years. You had a sudden accident before our engagement, and I didn't know when or if you would wake up. So, I refused to continue with the engagement ceremony. Recently, my father arranged a blind date for me, and coincidentally, it was my company's superior. He treats me well, and now we are living together."

As I finished speaking, I pretended to be at ease and took a sip of water, masking my unease. Bo Xi's parents, this is all I can do. I hope you understand.

He remained stunned, showing little reaction to my words. In fact, for Bo Xi, he may have already known this outcome. What he wanted was just a result, a result spoken by me.

"Bo Xi, you're good and handsome. In fact, I'm not worthy of you. That blind date back then was an accident. But you didn't mind being deceived by a bug like me. You accepted me, a vulgar woman, without any qualms, just to consider the interests of your family. But now, it's not necessary anymore. I am a materialistic woman. I was afraid that you wouldn't wake up. You'll find someone else. Forget about me, don't look for me anymore."

After saying that, I stood up to leave, but Bo Xi suddenly grabbed my hand. As I turned back, I saw his eyes glistening with tears, and he held my wrist tightly, saying, "It's not true, right?"

Not true? Ha! When I received that text message, I also wanted to ask, "It's not true, right?" But Bo Xi, how were you to me? Now, if you are truly suffering from amnesia, it's karma. If it's fake amnesia, I also want to tell you that I'm no longer the Bai Ning who used to be manipulated by you, foolishly following behind you with an infatuated smile.

Pulling my hand back, I remained expressionless. "Bo Xi, we can't turn back. I am getting married to him, and I'm already carrying his child. Do you understand?"

Upon hearing this, Bo Xi was shaken, his brows furrowing in pain. Shaking his head, he murmured, "No, it's impossible, impossible..."

I thought that my presence was no longer useful. Once he calms down, after some time, he will encounter someone delicate and charming, and then what significance will Bai Ning hold? As I decisively turned to leave, I heard Bo Xi, who was still standing by the window, suddenly shouting my name. I paused, ultimately stopping.

In the once quiet café, all the customers turned their attention to me. In the next moment, Bo Xi rushed in front of me, gripping my shoulders excitedly and pleading, "Give me another chance! Just one more chance! Only once!"

He held me tightly in his arms, like a child who had lost an important toy. Finally, my tears couldn't be held back any longer. Three years of grievances, three years of pain, three years of loneliness... all erupted in this moment. This time, all the tears I hadn't shed in so long flowed freely. I cried out all the pain that no one could understand, the pain that no one could bear for me.

"Bo Xi..." I could no longer speak through my sobs, no longer concerned about whether this was dignified or not, no longer concerned about whether it was a high-end café.

Bo Xi, do you know that if you had said these words to me three years ago, I would have willingly given everything for you.

Unfortunately, it's too late.


MiraiSaesang notes: Awww, man this situation suckkkks! She can't even yell her grievances at him! 😭


Previous Chapter        Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *