Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Rotten Girl 45: Tiger Aunty

    Out of worry that the GV that I had treasured for many years would be murdered, I went to work the next day in a panic and was constantly trying to find some excuse to hang out at the door of Ren Han's office, but there were so many things coming back from vacation (meow: sweat, please ignore Xiao Ning's idiom level). From the morning meeting in the editorial department, we discussed new topics for the next issue, and then went on to assigning new tasks, I didn't even have time to catch my breath and drink water.

  But the more things, the more trouble. And this one trouble just happened to find me.

  The new task assigned to me by the boss is unique and unmatched. He said that a client of Xiao Zai, a senior publicist in the press department wants to invest in a manual, with the set delivery time of one week, and specifically, this manual has been handed over to me.

  As soon as the boss's words came out, the editorial sisters present were all blown away.

  Xiao Fu jie: "When did the magazine company become a planning company? Didn't the company expressly stipulate that all staff are prohibited from taking other jobs except for advertising business?"

  Cancan: "Yeah, this is invisibly increasing our workload! Look, Bai Ning is already in charge of compiling eight articles in this issue, and has to follow up on interviews. What does the publicist department mean by this?! Do they take us to be cattle they can order around?"

  The boss hammered the back of the folder, and closed his eyes in frustration, "I asked the boss the same question, but the boss's answer was 'you can do it, so just do it'! So," The boss shrugged, "Now I will pass along this sentence as it is."

  Xiao Wei gritted his teeth, "Really, really... bullying... people!"

  I timidly raised my hand, "Okay, I'll do it, but...isn't a week too short?" From editing the first draft to reviewing, final review, editing, proofreading, confirmation with the publicist department, and client's Confirmation, finalizing the catalogue page number, this is a big project.

  When I was a junior editorial assistant, I just had to focus on my own version, and it was OK for it to just be a draft. But now that I am a main editor, I know that there are still many procedures to go after finalizing the draft, so I was very aware that it was absolutely impossible to complete it in one week.

  Cancan sneered, "It will be quite difficult for an experienced person like Xiao Fu jie to complete it in a week. If Xiao Zai is really pressed by the client, she could come to specifically ask Xiao Fu jie and a few people can band together to do it, but they just assigned it to you. Hey, Bai Ning, don't you understand? They are clearly playing tricks on you!"

  I was pitiful and sighed, "People don't like me being promoted two levels in a row, and they want to find something to blame me for. It's normal!" This was the truth. Since my promotion, so many things have happened in a row, and it was all related to Ren Han, so there were two major factions in the company regarding the scandal about me and Demon King Ren:

  One is the supporters such as Cancan who are in favor, but the so-called support is to joke and use me to entertain themselves every day. To use a common saying, "As long as they know that I am not happy, they will feel at ease."

  The second is the opposition led by reporters Xiao Zai and Slime. Over the past year, under the wise guidance of Ren Han, the publicist department has directly doubled its performance. Not only was the boss happy, but also the publicist were very happy with their commissions. They absolutely believed in the boss's vision and the ability to appreciate, but there was a huge deviation in my case. After some deliberation, the publicist convinced themselves that Ren Han was acting on a whim, so they are trying to embarrass me in disguise.

  Xiao Wei stuck in his mouth and broke the news: "Listen, I heard...that, that Xiao Zai is...a relative of the BOSS, so...that's why they're indulging so much."

  Cancan: "No matter whose relative she is, she can't bully like this! Usually I look at her as an elder and don't drag things face but what's so amazing about her? Isn't she just an old aunt who hasn't married yet in her thirties?" After a while, Can Can tilted her head and poked at me and said:

    "Bai Ning, how about you go to your family's Ren Han and use pillow talk?"

  Thinking of Ren Han, the GV incident that I had already forgotten came back to my mind, and when I thought of the GV that I treasured over the years, I fiercely sighed, "No need, since the BOSS has acquiesced, no one said anything. I will do it. They made it clear that they wanted to punish me, and I can't escape."

  The only solution for now was to work overtime to any extent so I can complete the work. Anyway, the boss also has eyes, it will be alright as long as he understands that I am truly serious and hard-working.

  The boss pursed his lips, touched his chin and said, "It is indeed intentionally done to prank you. I have already asked the Administration Department. This case was ordered before the holiday, and the contract was signed before the holiday. If Xiao Zai had said it earlier, Bai Ning, it wouldn't be a problem for you to play two days less during the holiday, but she only called me last night to tell me about it, but the manual information was sent to my work email inbox before the holiday."

  At the end of the speech, all of our mouths have become O-shaped. At first, we thought that Xiao Zai was just playing a small game, but I didn’t expect that she was planning this conspiracy a long time ago? The boss forwarded the email sent by Xiao Zai to us, The name of the email was actually "XX Anniversary Celebration, Grand Ceremony Rewards", the sender was not Xiao Zai's work mailbox, the names of the attachments below were all garbled characters, and there was no mention of "this is the investment promotion manual" in the letter. content.

  As a senior executive, the boss has an assistant in the company. Generally, his work emails are cleaned up by the assistant first, personal emails, work emails, and junk emails are separated, and then handed over to the boss for processing. This email was apparently treated as spam by the assistant.

  Xiao Fu jie lit a cigarette, and white mist floated up: "Bai Ning, you really have no way out. The email was sent before the holiday, and the time was clearly displayed. When the time comes, if Xiao Zai insists that she told Zi Ru before the festival. You are the only one who will be unlucky in this incident."

  I was silent, very aware of my situation.

  Xiao Fu jie's analysis was right. If Xiao Zai insists that she handed over the work to the editorial department before the holiday, I will have no excuse to say that "I can't finish it in a week". There was no way to complete the work, but it was not as simple as deducting money. Is it... that my life as editor-in-charge will be so short?

  It's only been a few months!

  Can Can's expression changed and she jumped up, "What do we do now? Boss, Bai Ning is the one you recommended, you can't just watch her die, right?"

  Xiao Wei: "Publicist, the publicist department is getting more and more... more and more devious!"

  The boss raised his eyebrows and calmly replied, "Of course, I can't watch her die, so—" Li Ziru pushed his glasses up and said with a faint smile, "So I came back to the company last night and worked all night to catch up, the editor's final draft has already been reviewed. It's done, Bai Ning, you can go straight to typesetting."

  As soon as the words fell, several of our subordinates looked at each other.

  All night long... God! Boss, you are worthy of being the boss, you are really amazing! Only typesetting for a week, that's more than enough time! I was so moved that I didn't know what to say, so I had to go around in circles: "Ah, boss, you really are Great, when this case is over, I'll invite you to a big meal, all meat, no vegetables. Truly... I'm so excited that I don't know what to say."

  When the boss heard this, he only curled the corners of his lips, and his eyes flashed with a different kind of brilliance, "What are you polite? You're my younger brother's wife, it's what I should do."

  -_-|||

  Gorgeous crows flew by, and the editorial office, which was still very lively just now instantly went cold and windy. I swelled up and my soul immediately left my body.  

  Sister-in-law...

  younger brother's wife...

  Ren Han's wife...

  Sure enough, they resembled each other, how did I never know the boss could speak so ruthlessly?!!

  -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

  In order to be able to cross the finish line as soon as possible, the boss gave me the best technology and a senior graphic designer to get the typesetting done quickly. However, everything has advantages and disadvantages. Although this old classmate of his, Lao Zhang is very fast, he has a very big personality: short-tempered!

  Back then when I was an assistant editor, there were often revisions to editions or typos, and I felt uneasy every time I went to the design department. Because Lao Zhang works on three principles:

  First, I do not change the layout outside the program, you have to change the text and edit it yourself! (Generally, the post-editing work is done after the text is published, there are three revisions; primary, middle and final revisions. This refers to the layout transfer outside the program, it refers to the removal of these three schools, sometimes the editor will have to trouble the graphic designer to make additional adjustments or sort out the layout due to customer needs or the request of the boss)

  Second, when it comes to the design of the art, outsiders are not allowed to point fingers!

  Third, when the graphic designer is working on the edition, you are not allowed to to alk or walk around casually, unless he is happy and permits you to chat with him!

  But this time, the boss was so generous and gave me this company's best senior graphic designer, I couldn't be happier. It turned out that the boss rushed all night to help me get the manuscript out and passed it on to the design team, and it arrived at the publicist department before the afternoon.

  Although Xiao Zai was not able to get her wish and was unhappy, because of the full support of Li Ziru, and her immediate superior, she had nothing to say, so she found some fun in other aspects.

  At that time, I was correcting the layout arranged by Lao Zhang, and publicist Xiao Zai suddenly came to the editorial office. It was noon, and everyone had gone out to eat again so I had to receive this distinguished guest alone.

  Xiao Zai came in arms folded with an insufferably arrogant expression, "Bai Ning, you didn't go out to lunch?!"

  I rolled my eyes, nonsense! If I went out to lunch, how can you make fun of me while I'm alone? 

"Is it that the thing is still not finished? Hehe."

  "Oh," 

    Xiao Zai nodded and smiled, "You don't blame me for giving you such a heavy task all of a sudden, right?"

  "How could I?" Of course, I won't blame you. Usually, in cases like this, I keep my hatred in my heart, the future is long. 

  Xiao Zai pretended to sigh, and magically took out a stack of manuscripts from her hand, "Don't blame me, I just thought about it and found that the first part of the manual is not perfect, here, here, and here, I have made some adjustments, ask Lao Zhang to rearrange it again!"

  A lightning bolt from the blue!

  Xiao Zai did this on purpose, definitely on purpose. She knew Lao Zhang's taboos, but she still embarrassed me, but how did I offend this Tiger aunty? I usually don't have any dealings with her! Watching her twist her butt as she walked away, I pulled at my hair frantically.

  I had no choice but to bite the bullet and bravely enter the design department. Lao Zhang also didn't go to eat because he was rushing to finish work, and was filling his stomach with cigarettes, the spiritual food. As soon as he heard my intention, he truly got angry right away.

  "Were you editors raised to be useless?! Why didn't you get the text confirmed before you gave it to us? Now that the design is complete, you are saying you want to adjust it! Adjust, adjust, adjust, with one word, my huge half day's worth of work was done in vain, can you see that the amount of text is so reduced, and all the pictures now have to be repositioned, are you all big brains?! illiterate bullshit!"

  …………

  I was scolded so badly, but I still had to spit out good things with a smile on my face. Eventually I finally calmed down the turmoil with the excuse of introducing a girlfriend to Lao Zhang. However, Xiao Zai is really a talent, a great talent. In less than three hours, she visited the editorial department again, and said the customers were still dissatisfied and asked to re-do the revision. The most amazing thing is that this time it is still the layout that is the problem. 

  The so-called revision is for the densely packed area of text, one word at a time was pen-marked with a small circle. When she arrived at noon the other time, I was dizzy when I read the words and my arms were numb. Now, she appeared like a ghost again.

  This time I quit and went to the boss crying and asked for a new graphic designer. I've thought about it, and I don't know what other issue Xiao Zai will raise. If I keep working with Lao Zhang, although the speed is indeed faster than the other smaller designers, it is estimated that I will become the meat in a sandwich, squashed between Lao Zhang and Xiao Zai.  

  The only way was to change the graphic designer.  

  After listening to my suggestion, the boss was silent for a long time, and finally pushed on the gold frame of his glasses and frowned: "Bai Ning, do you know that Lao Zhang has a fourth principle?"

  "What is it?"

  "The fourth principle is that other designers are not allowed to change any versions he has made. Last time, a small graphic designer found that the size of Lao Zhang's picture was a little too small, and helped him fix it. It was considered an insult by Lao Zhang, and he gritted his teeth and wanted to resign. Later, the result of quelling this matter was that the younger designer resigned in tears. "

  "..." That means that no other editor will dare to take a look at the pages he has made. 

  Boss: "Bai Ning, don't make a vain attempt. If the top technology expert of the company has to walk because of you, you can just resign, the big boss can let you off."

  ...Isn't this pushing me to a dead end?

  Could it be that I really have to go back and use pillow talk? Uh~ Does this count as Ren Han's cohabitation obligation?


Previous Chapter             Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *