Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Rotten Girl 44: Office Banter

    With a Queen's imposing attitude, I forced Bo Xi's family to leave.

 However, as soon as Bo Xi and the others left, my father pulled me to the "Little dark Room" for a heart-to-heart talk. The so-called little dark room is my father's study. "President Bai is a nouveau riche" is common knowledge in the universe, but my father would not accept being looked down on, so he spent a lot of money to renovate this study, he bought stacks of bookshelves and also bought a zither intending to cultivate his mind. 

  The result... what else?

  For those books, whenever Dad sat to read, he immediately fell asleep. After half a month, the bookshelf was officially forgotten by President Bai, silently collecting dust in the corner. The zither? It has completely become a gorgeous decoration. Half a year later, the only use derived from this study room was: when my mother and father quarrelled, and when he was not allowed to sleep in the bedroom, my father would come here to brood. Therefore, the family jokingly called the study room the "little dark room".

  But at this moment, it was rare for the old man to sit upright in the little dark room, he puffed on his cigarette a few times, after a long while, the old man said: "Ningning, although you don't care about the operation of the Bai Group, you should have noticed that we are pushing the new product XX milk drink recently, right?"

I nodded and obediently waited.

  Dad: "Before you came back, Bo Xi's father said that he was willing to shelf our products in all his supermarkets for free."

  I was silent, but slightly raised my head. Nowadays, if products want to enter the supermarket, there will always be high entry fees, stacking fees, promotional fees, etc., all in all, they are always looking for an excuse to collect money. Amongst them, the supermarket chain owned by Bo Xi's family has the most expensive fees, but now, Bo Xi's father is willing to allow her father's products to enter the market for free, she could guess why. 

  Hooking my lips, I confidently said: "Dad, do you remember what you said to me before the blind date today? You said that as long as I don't want to, you won't agree to a marriage of convenience because you and mom want me to be happy."

  After a pause, I looked into my father's eyes and summoned up my courage to say, "How come... at night, just for listing fee you want to sell me to Bo Xi's family?" After that, I turned around to leave. As I put my hand on the doorknob, I heard the old man behind me spit out fiercely:

  "Stinky girl! You pig brain! Why didn't you inherit my intelligence and wisdom at all? What your father means is, it's not like you don't know that Bo Xi's father, that damned old man is very stingy. Just a few months ago, because of a little promotional service fee, we almost fought in a hotel. I mean, now he can do this for his son..."

  I was startled. My father's voice was actually a little choked: "Pity the hearts of parents in the world——"

  I was shocked. As soon as I turned around, I saw my father was smoking a cigarette with his head down to hide his wet eyes.

  In the past few years, after I moved out of my house willfully to live a so-called free life, my father supported the Bai family by himself. He did not force me to go on a blind date, nor did he force me to go to work in the Bai Group. As soon as I left, I left my parents to bear the onslaught of gossip on their own. I suddenly realized that my father was no more than an ordinary person. He was simply moved by the emotions of Bo Xi's parents to protect their son.

  A wry smile tugged at the corners of my mouth. After all, I couldn't find the words to persuade my elderly father, "Father, I'll go back to my room to take a shower first!"

  "Ning Ning," My father stopped me when I stepped out the door and said in a deep voice, "You, think about Bo Xi's affairs yourself, Dad... I won't force you."

  "Okay."

  -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

  I went back to my bedroom to take a shower, tossed and turned in bed, then just got up to surf the Internet on my computer.

  As soon as I logged onto QQ, I found that someone's avatar was still on, so I rushed over with a smile.

  [Editor Department, Bai Ning]: (smiley face)

  [Publicist Ren Han]: Is everything over?

     [Editor Bai Ning]: Well, it's nothing, it's just that my mother and father quarrelled, and I was urgently summoned back to be a peacemaker >O<

  [Editor Bai Ning]: As a result, it was already this late when I was done. It was so dark outside, so my father was worried and told me to stay home tonight.

  [Publicist Ren Han]: Good.

  Looking at Ren Han's concise and curt words, I suddenly got a little angry, wasn't he all about good ~ cohabitation relationship earlier?! Why is his speech so cold? My hands were groping the keyboard and hesitating about saying something, then Ren Han's message popped up again:

  [Publicist Ren Han]]: Remember to come home early tomorrow night.

  I snickered and was about to make a cute expression when I was startled by Ren Han's words, my hands faltered, and there was now an embarrassing conversation in the chat log.

  [Publicist Ren Han]: Remember to come home early tomorrow night.

  [Publicist Ren Han]: To fulfill the obligation of cohabitation.

  [Editor Bai Ning]: (emoji - grabby kitty)

  ………………

  I was dumbfounded, and I didn't have the time to explain that it was the wrong emoji before Ren Han calmly replied: If you have the ability, come and catch me, I don't mind.

  In front of the computer, even if I wasn't drinking water, the screen was in still trouble, because, because of the censored picture my mind sketched, I had a nosebleed.

  Demon King Ren is really too lewd! I angrily closed the chat and decided to ignore him until I get to the office. I was still extremely flustered when QQ flashed again, but fortunately, it was not the Demon King.

  [Editor Can Can]: Xiao Ningzi, are you there?

  [Editor Bai Ning]: ?

  [Editor Can Can]: Ha, I knew you were invisible! Quick, send me a copy of the information the boss gave us before the holiday!

  After being dazed for half a second, I immediately reacted. It seemed that before the vacation, the boss asked us to write a quarterly summary and training ideas, and also sent us research materials.

  [Editor Bai Ning]:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Anxious exclamation marks fully expressed my mood at the moment, Cancan understood me like the back of her hand, seeing that, she was amused.

  [Editor Can Can]: Ha, I knew you didn't write it, lucky I reminded you, pass the materials to me!

  [Editor Bai Ning]: The problem is... my laptop is in Demon King Ren's house, but I am in Bai family house.

  [Editor Can Can]:  …

  After thinking for a while, I still gritted my teeth and called Demon King Ren. The other party was quickly picked up, he seemed to be in a good mood from his voice.

  "What? Miss me?"

  I rolled my eyes, and I ignored it, "Um~ Ah~, that—"

  "It's lonely not being able to fulfill your cohabitation obligations tonight, right?"

  "..." I burst into tears, when did the Demon King become so lewd? He said that it was a high-level restricted topic in the past! I gritted my teeth, my eyes were burning with hot flames, and I vowed to defeat this crooked building, I coughed and got to serious business: "Tomorrow, the official vacation will be officially over. The boss wants us to submit a training report, but the materials are on my laptop."

  Demon King Ren was quiet for a bit and then lightly said, "Okay, then I'll send them over to you now, but your laptop seems to have a password."

  At that time, I didn't think about why Demon King already knew that my laptop had a password, I just went ahead and said: "The password is XXXXX, you will see the file called Materials in the Office folder on the D drive."

  Ren Han: "Okay, I'll send it to you on QQ."

  "En, then I'll wait for you and hang up first."

  Ten minutes later, Demon King Ren successfully went online and passed the document to me. I immediately threw out my oath to "resolutely ignore him before I get to the office" to the sky and hugged my thighs habitually.

  [Editor Bai Ning]: VP Ren, you are such a wonderful wife!

  [Editor Bai Ning]: I'm going to write the report, you should rest early, see you at the company tomorrow!

  [Editor Bai Ning]: Ah, hello? Where'd you go?

  Strangely enough, when Ren Han finally responded. He didn't say a word and just sent a picture.  On the picture, it was obviously a certain folder. In the folder, N folders were created in different categories, with various names, such as Jishou, Tsundere Shou, Queen Shou, SM, 3P, Shouliang Shou...

  After being frozen for two seconds, I slapped myself hard.

  Why did I only think about passing documents and forget that were are a lot of GV collections on my laptop? I ruffled up my hair, I don't have the mind to write about training right now! The other person was quite happy, and the words that followed were huge and seemed as if they would jump out of the screen at me.

  [Publicist Ren Han]: Your laptop is quite rich. I can study it tonight.

  [Editor Bai Ning]: Don't! Please! GV is innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  [Publicist Ren Han]: Innocent or not, it can only blame its master for being too gullible and easily cheated. Come back tomorrow to collect the corpse of your laptop.

  After saying this, Ren Han's avatar quickly turned grey, and then, no matter how I called and called, there was no response.

  It was... a sleepless night in the end.  

  My... GV, baby ahhhhh!

Previous Chapter      Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *