Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Rotten Girl 40.1 - Damned Past

Before Ren Han could scream, I fled the scene in a cool manner. As soon as I left the building, I received a call from my mother.

"Ning Ning, how is it?"

"Needless to say, I absolutely, absolutely cannot be with such a bastard."

I originally thought that as soon as the words were spoken, my mother would roar a mountain Lion, but the result was: "Not bad, truly a good daughter^^"

"Ahh~ what do you mean?"

Mom: "Yesterday, I made a bet with your father that you would not like this mixed-British guy but your father did not believe it, saying that he is very handsome. He was very confident and at ease,  Haha~, this time was lucky! Your old mother has made a profit on her next month's allowance." 

"..." I didn't have to think about it, hearing my mother's wild laughter, I could guess she was grinning from ear to ear. Hearing this, for the thousandth time, I wondered if I am really their own child. 

I sighed in frustration, "It's nothing, I'm hanging up."

"Don't--"

………

  -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

I was speechless the entire taxi ride home.

Thinking about what my mother said just now, I felt inexplicably irritable. I looked down at my heels and began to secretly regret it again. I just did it impulsively and I even used all of my energy. Will... his foot be swollen? I just left Ren Han there. Will he be able to handle it alone?

I was pondering when a text message notification rang out, and I checked my phone, it turned out to be my old man.

"Bai Ning, if you can agree, Daddy will be very happy."

I silently turned off my phone and closed my eyes, my heart was feeling even more irritated. The other thing my mother had said just now was that I should visit Bo Xi in the hospital.

——My former fiance Bo Xi

——Bo Xi, who abandoned me and eloped with someone else

——The still in a vegetative state lying in the hospital Bo Xi

My mother said that a few days ago, Bo Xi's parents had gone to visit their son and inadvertently talked about me, and at that time, Bo Xi's fingers... slightly moved. In the past few years, no matter how much Bo Xi's parents called out to him and spent money getting him the best treatment, Bo Xi had never shown any indication of waking up at all. It seemed that Bo Xi had the great plan of being a "sleeping boy" for a lifetime.

Therefore, such a slight movement from him greatly shook the hearts of the two old people, and because of this, the once incomparably proud couple knelt down in front of my mother and pleaded for me to go see Bo Xi. Because, at the bottom of their hearts, they still had not let go of hope, even if this slight hope needed them to submit their last pride. 

On the phone, my mother took on a rare serious tone and said: "Originally, I was determined to handle this matter on your behalf, Ning Ning. Although I don't know what happened back then, you are still this old mother's flesh and blood I know that it is definitely Bo Xi who turned his back on you, but Bo Xi's parents have repeatedly come again and again...I am also a mother, so have pity on the parents of the world!"

I was ashamed and silent. It always felt weird for these moving words to come from my mother's mouth. She also said, "have pity the parents of the world"? But my mother's word was also right. I can refuse Bo Xi's traitorous heart, but I can't refuse Bo Xi's parents who are looking forward to their son waking up. I sighed as I arrived at the hospital entrance. Whatever the case, I did not believe that Bo Xi still had any affection for me, that hearing my name would suddenly make him come to. 

However, since I came, I braced myself and went into the room.

The room was clean and tidy. Bo Xi was sleeping quietly and peacefully on the bed. Perhaps it was because his mother knew that I was coming, it would have been unavoidably awkward to meet so they made themselves scarce. There was only a middle-aged caregiver who when they saw me, they smartly found an excuse to go out to give Bo Xi and I a chance to be alone.

I took a closer look at the beautiful sleeping man on the bed. After several years, this liquid-sustained body was extremely thin. The delicate skin seemed so pale that the blood vessels underneath could be seen, but the facial features were still the same, so I still felt a jolt to be met with this face from the past.

Tch, but his nose is not straight enough and he's not as good-looking as Ren Han, his demeanor is also not as domineering. His skin that had not been seeing the sun all year round was too pale and the mouth that was once Bo Xi's pride paled in comparison to Ren Han's ... by a lot!

Why am I thinking about Ren Han at a time like this?

OTZ... I hit my chest in grief and warned myself not to think about it and repeated, I came to see Bo Xi, to see Bo Xi... (in an infinite loop). As I was meditating, my phone rang out loudly. The suddenly loud ringing in the quiet room was so abnormal, that I jumped it fright and quickly picked it up to hear a woman's voice on the other side:

"Is it Miss Bai? Hello, this is Roujie dry cleaner."

I thought for a bit, it seemed that I dropped off that dress at the dry cleaner's the other day, "Yes, what's the matter?"

"It's like this Miss Bai. We found a key, along with a note in one of your pockets. So we wanted to ask if you want it. If you don't want it, we will deal with it here."

I frowned, I did not remember putting a key and note in the dress, "What note?"

"Well," the other party hesitated, "It's a simple note with a signature, it says, 'Going to Britain for a business trip for half a month, wait for me to come back', in beautiful handwriting!"

"..." I was silent for two seconds as I looked at the tree outside the window and blinked and blinked again.  

"What's written? Britain—"

"...Britain for a business trip for half a month, wait for me to come back." The laundry lady carefully repeated and my expression was shocked as I stood there in a daze. I did not know how to end the call and stupidly froze in place, unable to process.

Britain, business trip, key...

Don't tell me that it wasn't Ren Han wanting to leave, but that the company had already arranged for a business trip??

After thinking about it seriously, it seemed that the company had recently been having a lot of business dealings with a company in the UK. Cancan also whispered in my ears every day, saying that she wanted to go on a business trip with Iceberg Ren, and had been playfully teasing me asking for me to intercede on her behalf. Could it be--

I fiercely slapped my forehead, shocked! Startled! I understood!

There was only one thought left in my mind: I wrongly blamed Demon King Ren.


Previous Chapter     Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *