Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Friday, September 18, 2020

Chapter 34 - Crooked Angle

 Spring onions mixed with tofu, stewed mushroom chicken, pumpkin porridge...Normally, faced with this kind of food, with no spiciness, I will definitely lose my appetite. But at this moment, after last night's squatting and not having breakfast, then I also had to go around in circles with Fat Tiger in the company and to the cafe, I was already hungry.

In the kitchen, while cooking the pumpkin porridge, I began to swallow. In fact, since I moved into the palace of the demon, I have not properly fed my internal organs. Due to someone's leg injury, the doctor ordered to avoid spicy and greasy food. Therefore, I have to accompany Ren Han to eat porridge every day, thinking of it makes me want to throw up, but now I am having a rare and unusual appetite for it.

While I was looking at the porridge. The demon King rolled out of the bedroom in his wheelchair and rolled into the kitchen, my eyes became alert and I thought about it. It seems that after I came back I didn't go into the bedroom to check on him, I went straight to the kitchen instead.

I coughed and was about to open my mouth, but Ren Han beat me to it, coldly asking, "Where have you been?"

"Ah?"

Ren Han narrowed his eyes, they were sparking in the low light of the kitchen, he bit out word for word, "Where did you go last night?"

I paused, I was silent for a bit, why is this tone no different from a husband interrogating his wife who did not return for the night? Am I not simply here to take care of your food and assist you, what does it have to do with you where I was last night? Even though I thought that I still did not have the gall to say it. I smiled:

"There was a friend who had something going on, so I went to see them."

Hearing that, Ren Han sneered, then pursed his lips and said, "Is that so?"

My heart was weak, I was meddlesome and went out to go do good deeds and can't even claim credit, but to avoid someone misunderstanding that I am interested in him, I still resigned myself, "Well, she and her husband quarreled, so I went to console her, and later went to KTV together to sing, and sang all night."

**(KTV = Karaoke bar)**

I didn't dare to look at Ren Han's eyes. I turned my back and faced the porridge and changed the topic, "Ah, the porridge is almost ready. Today I bought pumpkin, the sweet meal will good for hunger."

"En." Ren Han quietly responded, and then asked with interest, "You sang all night, unexpectedly your voice is not sore at all, not bad~"

"Hehe, my friend is a mic hog, she was the one singing."

"Oh? Which friend? I don't know them?"

"Oh, you don't know her, she just came back from abroad. The porridge is ready, time to eat, I will push you out." I went to push the wheelchair, but the demon narrowed his eyes and quickly grabbed my wrist so hard that it was painful.

"Which KTV did you go to sing?" Ren Han then coldly snorted, I got goosebumps, why is today's demon king so frightening? Did he wake up angry? "Why bother making up a story? It's the first time I've heard the Souhei hotel offers overnight KTV."

"..." Sure enough, Demon king Ren still found out, S1ime, you traitor! The porridge was still on the fire, the stewed mushroom chicken was already cold, I was so hungry that I put out my chest and bit my lower lip, "For Sophie's matter, you-"

'You don't have to thank me.' The words were not spoken yet, when Ren Han sneered, "Bai Ning, I have really underestimated you."

"Hm?" What do you mean? Why is that today's demon king feels strange, and his eyes also seem to be complaining, just like...That's right! Like a resentful husband who has been abandoned, what is going on? This expression and tone of voice, shouldn't he be grateful to me?

I looked at the pitiful fragrant pumpkin porridge and surrendered completely, "How about eating first? I am really starving." Even if I truly caused you trouble, and the advertising contract with Sophie almost blew up. Now through my own will, I have made up for it, I am not asking to be credited or praised for correcting this wrong, but do you have to torture me like this?

I thought that Ren Han would definitely let me go, but then I heard him say, "What? Qian Chen Jin did not take you to eat?"

I was silent, and thinking in my head of this Qian Chen Jin. This strange and familiar name seems to be Fat tiger's name. At that time, Fat tiger had proudly said that his mother said, "This name is one of future prospects", which was looked down on by all the residents of the building for more than a decade. No one believed that the little Fat tiger who couldn't even climb a tree would be able to yield good future prospects.

**(Future prospects is "Qian Cheng", so his name is a homonym of that)**

But it turns out that Fat tiger was right.

I came back to reality, and remembered that Ren Han was the one responsible for the business with the Missouri winery, and would have met with the Chinese agent for the winery, Fat Tiger, "He-"

I had barely begun, when Ren Han cut me off and released me, "Bai Ning, very good."

I paused, my hand was still hanging in the air,  and I finally felt that these words were a bit weird, "What do you mean?"

Ren Han closed his eyes and turned the back of the wheelchair to me. After a long time, he laughed to himself, "What can I mean? You should leave."

  -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

"Terrible, stinky, unpleasant to death, tortoise, choke you to death! Scratch you!" Ahhh!" In Can Can's house, I was clutching Ultraman, rubbing his neck and gnashing my teeth. Ultraman in my arms, stared up at me with watery innocent eyes. Probably he was really becoming breathless and was whimpering.

Can Can next to me couldn't stand it. She yawned and put a stop to my behavior of hurting the poor animal, "Please, Ultraman, is not Iceberg Ren, you can't solve your problem by clutching him."

Ultraman seemed to understand that Can Can was pleading for him, he simply got on his four feet to stand on me and jumped to the ground to escape my clutches. I raised up my hands in frustration and screamed, "ahh". I really did not know what offense I had committed in my previous life, how many sins could one commit in a lifetime?

With great difficulty, I made the firm resolution to wait for the demon king, but it did not take two days and I was driven out of the palace. So, I rushed out with my luggage and Ultraman and went back to house, only to find my house was already occupied.

In a panic, I gave my mother a call. On the other side of the phone, my mom exclaimed in surprise and said, "Are you not living with a friend? I thought that since the apartment was empty and luckily there was a young married couple who wanted to rent it, so...Ah! Nine! I've stolen, add money, add money hahahaha!"

Moving the phone away from my ear, I could still hear my mother laughing. After hearing that they were starting a new round of shuffling, I just burst into tears and said, "So can I return to my house now? I don't have a place to live now."

"You can."

"Really?" Mom, you are indeed the best, I know that one's child is indeed different, you definitely will not be willing to let your only child live alone on the streets.

"They just paid half a year's rent, two thousand a month, there's also 1000 deposit and then the fee for breaking the contract, you can gather it and give it to them. Ph, yes, the 20,000 you borrowed the other time, when will you be paying it back? Your father is monitoring this old mother!"

"..." I held back the impulse to throw the phone and hung up. Damn it! "Blood is thicker than water"? At night my old mother would dream of Ultraman and chicken, but is likely never to dream of me.

So, I was wandering around, I made my way to Can Can's house to hug her thigh and took Ultraman to her single bedroom apartment less than 40 square meters. Can Can took a gulp of water and shrugged, "Bai Ning, there's no problem for you to stay a couple of nights, but for a long time...Don't blame this sister, but my credit card is still in the super negative, my next month's rent is also still a problem."

I burst into tears, "I know, I will find a way."

Holding Ultraman, the desolate feeling of being alive washed over me. In the past, at least when things were difficult I still had half a roof over my head, but now what should I do? How on earth have I lived this year to be here? In the end, not only did I owe debts, but now I don't even have a house! The cause of all this is now very likely sitting at home watching TV and drinking coffee, I am angry:

"Ahh! Why? He asked me to go wait on him, then he told me to beat it, I carried my luggage there for what? Why? What's his problem? I did what he told me to!"

Hearing my words, Can Can's eyes shone and she nodded, "Exactly that. How about you do this -"

I listened attentively, looking forward to hearing if she had any good ideas, but the result was still this same sentence. "Bai Ning, you should still move back."

  o(╯□╰)o

I was not willing, I have already come this far, and to roll back now. This is really -

Can Can pat my shoulder, and said meaningful and heartfelt words, "Young married couples quarrel and resolve it together on the bed. Iceberg Ren is home alone, aren't you also worried?"

After hearing this, my blood boiled, "Who is a young married couple with him? Who quarreled with him? He suddenly and inexplicably told me to leave!" And the most hateful thing is that I have been hungry all day. I was so hungry that I was feeling dizzy while cooking the porridge and I didn't even get to eat it.

Thinking about it, it's really sad.

Can Can raised her eyebrows, "You both didn't quarrel? Please~"

"We really didn't quarrel." Actually, I am also very baffled. Ren Han has always been using tricks to tease me and how come he suddenly said very good and actually became merciful and let me go.

Can Can shook her head, "I don't believe it." After saying that, she logged into QQ on her laptop, opened the chat record and pushed it in front of me with a "see for yourself" expression. I lowered my head, blushed in embarrassment, this is really, it...truly is gossip central.

  [Admin Department Xiao Zhi]: Stars in the sky, that President Qian is always very handsome.

  [Distribution Department Xiao Zheng]: It seems you are late, did you see? Xiao Ning has already hooked him.

  [Admin Department Xiao Zhi]: That's strange. Isn't Xiao Ning already together with Iceberg Ren?

          [Journalism Department Lao Xian]: You don't understand this, do you? This is throwing a wide net to catch many fish, don't you know? Furthermore, I heard that Bai Ning was waiting in the hotel lobby last night to catch this handsome Qian."

  [Editorial Department Xiao Fu]: ... Lao Xian, you cannot say things indiscriminately, don't talk nonsense.

  [Journalism Department Lao Xian]: It's true! I can use my head to reassure that this was revealed by reliable sources.

  [Admin Department Xiao Zhi]: Come on, if your guarantees were to be taken seriously, your head would have already been lost eight to ten times now.

  [Journalism Department Lao Xian]: This time it is true!! According to reliable news, Bai Ning waited for the whole night at the hotel entrance. First, she used the trick of injuring herself to gain the enemy's confidence and then used the honey trap. The moment handsome Qian appeared in a split second she pretended to faint and plunged into his arms, and then clinging to his chest, and in a few words was able to overturn the situation and recover the advertisement. Isn't it impressive?

**(Honey trap = sexual entrapment)**

  ......

As I looked at the computer screen, I was deeply resentful. S1ime, it turns out that your gossip potential is above Xiao Zheng, I have really erred in my judgment.

Can Can smiled and said, "Although now is your time of crisis, I know this is not kind, but actually, I also want to know how did you capture this handsome Qian?"

Looking at Can Can's smiling and fawning face, I suddenly realized an important issue: it seems that except for me and Fat tiger, others are not aware that we both were familiar with each other from before. Therefore, the story of me saving a big business with only a few words, which is considered God level capability has already spread around the company. And the company's gossip core has always been very indecent and very gossipy, I can believe that they have spun crooked tales about the relationship between me and Fat tiger.

The demon king who is recuperating at home, even he possesses great magical powers...won't he also...think of a crooked angle?

Ah? Wait, even if that is really the case, can his odd performance at home today be interpreted as jealousy? Eating vinegar because of me? Or is it actually because of Fat tiger?


Mirai's Comment: LOL Bai Ning, how can you still think that he is gay? *facepalm*

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *