Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Friday, September 18, 2020

Chapter 33 - Martian Descent

 That moonless night I made my move and braved the high winds. I am currently waiting in the lobby of Soufei Grand Hotel.

I looked at the hotel's walk clock, the hour and minute hands were overlapping on "3", I once again opened my mouth wide in a big yawn. In summary, the misfortunes did not come in  a single stroke, it never rains but when it does it pours, and so the unfortunate things all came down in a "hit".

To recount, After getting Sophie's hotel address from S1ime, I carried my feet and went out the door to find hardship. It was not easy but I finally arrived at Soufei hotel in the early hours of the morning. In the end, as soon as I asked the cool security guard uncle, the answer was: Sophie has not returned yet.

I was left without a choice and could only look forward to the return of the beauty in the hotel lobby. I was also forced by the hotel staff "looking at me with fierce tiger stares" to timidly order a cup of coffee to cover up. I have been drinking it like this, and since then it has been a few hours, and at three in the money, there is still no sigh on Sophie's shadow!

Damn it! Is it possible that this French woman has gone to have a good night and party before returning back home? I was on the verge of collapsing. I was timid when the security guard uncle sat next to me.

The uncle crooned his neck and his eyes were wet: "Little sister, now I have good news and bad news here. Where do you want to hear first?"

I kept my head lowered, don't tell me that Sophie suddenly changed the time and has already flown back to France?, "Good news."

"The good news is...It turns out that Sophie has already returned to the hotel. I just went to pee  at that time, so I didn't notice, hehe~"

Looking at the innocent smile of the security guard uncle, I was clenching my fists, "What about the bad news?"

"The bad news is that Miss Sophie went to sleep very early. If you really want to see her, you may need to wait until tomorrow morning." Before I could go berserk, the security guard uncle tried to coax me, "You don't get angry, let's do this okay? You go back first and wait until the morning to come back."

I calculated the fare for the return trip, and with the principle of saving in mind, I blackmailed the security guard uncle and asked him to buy me a cup of high-priced coffee, and so continued to senselessly wait until dawn. With great difficulty, I made it to 8 am in the morning, when I was sleepily dozing off, the security guard uncle shook me awake, excitedly pointing to the front:

"Quick, quick, get up! Miss Sophie has come out, hey!"

I blinked and looked at the direction the security guard uncle was pointing. After three seconds, I didn't hesitate to close my eyes again, I blinked, it must be...dazzling. Miss Sophie, the legendary Miss Sophie, who is so hard to meet, isn't she a great blue-eyed and red-lipped beauty?

Oh well, actually this Miss Sophie would also be considered a beautiful woman, if time went back to 30 years ago. I could see from this old French lady's expression that she had high pride and spirit. Her white-haired hair covered with a delicate decorative har, white dress suit, white skirt, white heels, white bag...from head to toe. A lovely snow white ~~grandmother.

When my father and mother were still hawking on the streets, I realized this truth: people who like to wear white clothes are more difficult to serve. They are either very clean, very picky, and almost crazy in their pursuit for perfection. It is not just a piece of clothing that you wear hear and there, it is a lifestyle. I have been influenced by my mother for a long time, and as long as I see the "good whites", I retreat.

But at this moment, for the sake of future happiness, I still bravely rushed forward, and blocked Sophie who was on her way to have breakfast, took a deep breath and explained: "Miss Sophie, hello! I am an editor from "Shishang" magazine. Although it is very presumptuous of me to disturb you, I still wanted to inform you that that day VP Ren did not deliberately not show up to pick you up at the airport..."

I said it all at once, and nervously watched the old lady Sophie's reaction, the result was: the other party froze for three seconds and then: "#¥%&#...&*(#"

I stumbled, and finally remembered a very, very important issue - the language barrier.

I can't speak french, ahhh.

The important meeting about the magazine's income and my happiness of this year was terminated because we cannot understand each other, and Sophie did not bring her translator.

After a while, the old lady just guessed that I was some random salesperson and simply made a detour. Of course, I would not give up on a night's hard labor so easily, and so rushed towards the old lady again, thinking of how to explain in English. However, it's one problem after another, my English is only at a 4th grade level and I never graduated. For the first time in my life, I repented on not paying attention to my studies.

Obviously, Sophie was better than me in this respect. Seeing that I was blocking her way again, she said in simple in Chinese, "Security." So the security guard uncle appeared again in front of me, suppressing laughter and smiling, said "sorry" and took me out of the hotel.

When I realized that I was being dismissed, with one foot already out the hotel door, the security guard was not prepared. I immediately slammed my hands on the door and began to cry, "Hey, uncle, you are not human, you old swindler, you made me wait all night, and now because of someone else's words, you are throwing me out. I curse your chrysanthemum, curse your son's chrysanthemum, curse your family's chrysanthemums!!"

**(Remember "Chrysanthemum" is slang for "Anus" LOL)**

I was shouting and creating an unreasonable scene, when I heard a horrified male voice behind me, "Silly Ning?"

Looking back, naturally, this world is really in disorder. Why did someone who bought a one-way ticket to Mars return?

  -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

In the cafe, I looked around, looked left and right, trying to see whether it was real or fake that this person was in front of me. The other party was obviously quite dissatisfied with my behavior, and raised his eyebrows, "You are looking at me like I'm a martian monster, I will just eat you!"

I laughed, "Do you think you are the roaring Wangzi milk? Hey, I still remember that when you were small, you liked to drink Wangzi milk, fat tiger."

Fat tiger sighed and touched his nose, "When we were young, the person who liked to drink Wangzi milk, was the Wang brother next door, not me. You don't have to test me, I am really Fat tiger."

That's right, just a few hours ago, this thin guy who claimed to be my childhood fat tiger rescued me from the security guard's hands. After asking about the situation, he and Sophie said a lot of things that I could not understand. After the French talk, Sophie nodded and said: I am willing to further discuss advertising with your company.

In order to show sincerity, the old lady even gave up on breakfast and directly went to the company with me. Under the full arrangement of the Big Boss, the old lady authorized the Chinese agent of the Winery to discuss with our magazine about the details of the contract and planned to have signed within one week.

What surprised me even more is that the so-called Missouri Chinese office agent representative is actually Fat tiger. I frowned and said, "Were you not studying in the UK? When did you hook up with an old lady in France?"

Fat tiger coughed, ignoring the touchy words such as "hook up", smiled and said, "You haven't heard about building a bridge?" After he said those words, my admiration for Fat tiger came to life. Usually when others build bridges, at most it will only be a few hundred miles. This Fat tiger is different, he actually built one across the seas to run around.

I leaned on the table and carefully asked, "Are you sure that you are No.2 Yixiang building's Fat tiger? The Fat tiger who used to roll on the ground? Always fighting, never winning, my fat tiger? And...Couldn't count to ten, add, subtract, multiply and running to hide in the toilet, that Fat tiger?"

In the end, I could not raise my tone. Actually, listening to Fat tiger saying that he was going abroad to study. My first reaction then was that today must be April Fool's day. Who would have thought that after two to three years of hard work, I was still smug about my own promotion from a small assistant to a small editor. While the famous "retarded Fat tiger" has been promoted to an International winery distributor's CEO of Zhaung's China office.

With this in ming, I wept and sadly said, "Fat tiger, tell me. what have you suffered abroad? How did you end up slimming down like this, this aunt is very saddened-"

My words had barely fell, when Fat tiger coughed out a large amount of the tea he was drinking. After a long time, he calmed down and said, "Bai Ning, I am almost thirty years old. Later, in front of outsiders, call me by my name, did you hear me?!" Fat tiger was almost roaring.

I behaved like a timid girl and nodded, "Oh, Fat tiger ge, I understand."

**("Ge" = older brother)**

"Bai! Ning!" Fat Tiger was so angry, his knuckles were cracking. "You have to remember that Sophie has returned to France, and the person who will be discussing the details of the contract with your company is me." That is to say, The big customer is me, the decision making power of millions in business revenue is also in my hands, therefore better fawn on me!

I glanced at him and jumped, "That's right, what exactly did you explain to Sophie before, that she changed her mind and agreed to work with our company?" Actually, I spent last night carefully thinking about it. Sophie was annoyed because she felt that our company did attach any importance to her due to the promise of picking her up being reneged. According to Ren Han's bad temper, I am definitely sure he did not pull his face down to properly explain to Sophie. In the end, it was himself who suffered, and the old lady must have felt that Ren Han was looking for an excuse to dupe her.

However, because of the time constraints at the entrance of the hotel, I only just explained the scene to Fat tiger ge. As for why I would rush out from out Vice president's house or why the Vice president would have chased me out, I did not explain. So I was very skeptical about what Fat tiger had helped me translate, but within a minute, the old lady, Sophie glanced at me with a complicated expression.

Fat Tiger explained, "Oh, it's actually very simple. I told the old lady that this girl likes the Vice president, and even chased him to his house. That morning VP Ren went out intending to run to exercise, then the girl jumped out to chase him, which frightened him and in the end, he got hurt while fleeing."

"...." I was silent for two seconds and then slammed the table. F**k! This is actually what he translated! Completely bending the facts! "Are your ears working or not? I told you that he was chasing me, not me chasing him!"

After I said that, I just watched Fat tiger leisurely take a sip of tea and then appeared to be thoughtful and said, "If I said that, your advertising hopes would have been dashed."

"What do you mean?"

"Silly Ning, do you think that with your specifications, if I said that the Vice president chased after you, in a panic too and then got hit, that excuse, do you think Miss Sophie would believe it?"

"Perhaps...He's just as good as me, okay?"

Fat Tiger leaned his head on his hand, "The taste of the Vice president is really special~"

(╰_╯)# The facts speak louder than words. At this moment, this famous saying is really in line with my story, I was powerless.

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *