Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Friday, September 18, 2020

Chapter 11 - The so-called "Tragedy"

 A literature Master said before, the so-called tragedy is to destroy most valuable thing in a person's life and let others watch.

The great, noble, daring and extremist Mr. Lu Xun is a literature revolutionary was the one who gave a precise explanation of this "tragedy". It is indeed describing perfectly well my current situation.

With the help of Can Can, Xiao Wei managed to climb up from under the table, at the same time on his hand can be seen a shiny silvery ash-grey handphone. The reason for it shining, other than its beautiful appearance, was because it is currently under phone call mode state which kept displaying its unique brightness.

Xiao Wei's face turned black, hung up the call, and stutteringly said: "Bai...Bai Bai...Bai Ning, I ....I....."

This time around, it's quite rare that Can Can the Protector Envoy didn't answer for him, just looking at Xiao Fu with a miserable look. After a while, Sister Xiao Fu lit up a cigarette, heavily inhaled it twice and said: "Bai Ning, you are completely famous now."

The facts proofed that I did become famous. After this incident, the whole building from the upper-level Big Boss to the lower level Sweeper Auntie, everyone knew Bai Ning as a Seducer.

It turns out that before coming to the restaurant, Can Can and the rest had already discussed that they surely, definitely, and were determined to expose Ren Han's animalistic behavior. However, their words alone obviously don't have enough convincing and shocking power. So while trying to find out and understand my situation, they were also using Xiao Wei's handphone to broadcast the current situation at the same time.

On the other side of phone line, Xiao Zhi from Administration Department was using the speaker to announce it to the executives of Administration, Journalist, Finance, and Distribution Department.

Originally they were trying to use this as evidence to expose Ren Han. In the end, because of my carelessness, like a train out of the railway, it ended exposing me as the Beast.

Can Can regretfully said: "Bai Ning, this thing you really can't blame us, no matter what, we didn't think that you ..... aiyah!"

Xiao Fu pressing the cigarette butt, come to a conclusion: "Bai Ning, in the end, you or Ren Han who has more misfortune?"

Xiao Wei: in silence

The skeptical playboy Ren Han who was despised by all the colleagues in the morning, now instantly turned into a pure and incomparable flower of the Motherland (a priceless thing), meanwhile the talented young person me, because of my recklessness and shamelessness has ruined and suffered the destruction of her own reputation and letting others to see it. So the whole afternoon, everyone in the company were immersed with the sound of sighs of regrets (which led to the audience's grief and respect).

A tragedy that has been staged up magnificently, has also magnificently come to an end.

In the afternoon, the rumors have evolved from "A love-struck foolish girl offering herself to Ren Han" to "Bai Ning has brought the muddle-headed and drunk Ren Han to the hotel and raped him".

Afterwards, another rumor escalated again to "Shameless Bai Ning after raping Ren Han, still asking him for ¥10,000 as a losing youthfulness compensation"

Sitting in front of the working desk, I'm completely angry.

Damn it, what exactly is this? I'm actually the miserable one, why it has turned the other way, Ren Han become the good person while I'm the rapist? Where's heaven's law? Where's the human law?

But before I exploded, someone had become restless first.

[Ren Han] give you 10 seconds

[Ren Han] come to my office

I looked at the QQ message and sneered.

If I were to barge into your office right now, I'm an idiot. Won't the people in the company say I raped you one more time? Don't know if tomorrow morning when I go to work, the version will be changed into "Office love affairs, Ren iceberg tearfully having an abortion!"

I went to chat and joke with Can Can and the rest instead, and made myself a cup of coffee. In the end, ten minutes later, the main culprit appeared in the Editorial Department.

Ren Han with arms folded on his chest, leaning against the door, raising an eyebrow, filled with interest looking at me.

Behind him, countless audience members who stretched their heads trying to watch the show. I gritted my teeth, really hate it that I couldn't take a cup of hot coffee and poured it directly on Ren Han's head. Why am I in this humiliating situation? Why?

"VP Ren, you have something?"

Ren Han coldly humph, "sent you a message, didn't you see?"

"Oh, I was busy working, no time to look."

Hearing what I said, Ren Han's black and bright pupil became more and more gloomy and cold, "Oh, like that ah... since you don't want to talk in my office, then I'll just say it here."

After that, Ren Han paused for a while and then gently said, "I'll wait for you at the Kempinski Hotel."

His voice was neither loud nor soft, yet unfortunately just right that it could be heard in every corner of the hall and Editorial Department.

After saying this, Ren Han turned around and left. Walking out two steps, once again turned around with an ambiguous smile, slyly said, "Room number didn't change, still the same one as the other night."

This is a sudden and unexpected event, even if my skin is thicker, I was still blown away by the last sentence that Ren Iceberg said.

Behind my back, don't have to turn around, just use the back of my head I can see all the colleagues' fingers pointing at me.

How great and majestic I am, for the sake of the company creating such a huge sex scandal so that all the colleagues will have lunch topic to discuss enthusiastically for two months at least.

I am innocent and being accused wrongly, obviously, it was Ren Han who abused his authority forcing me to become a spy, yet in the end, it was me who suffered getting everyone's fingers pointing my way.

Master Lu Xun, beseeching your spirit in the sky, on my behalf please take way Ren Han, this evildoer !

***

Evening 5:58:03 pm – Here I am standing in front of Kempinski Hotel doorway, hesitating.

I took out my phone to confirmed one more time Ren Han's SMS, words are neatly written using in Sim Sun font: "6pm, Kempinski 3rd floor."

That's right, it's here, 6pm. But the question is... what does he want to do?

Two hours ago, when Ren Han invited me to meet up at the hotel, I only thought that it was his small punishment for me for not willing to go to his office, but no matter what I really never thought that he would really send me a message for the exact time and location.

A single man sending such an SMS to a single woman, honestly it did make me feel that this is a little ambiguous.

I stood in front of Kempinski entrance for a long time, I couldn't bring myself to take the first step to walk in. For the 1001st speculation, Iceberg Ren what's he up to?

Want to discuss the specific arrangement for stealing materials? Looks like we should go to a Cafe instead.

Stretching the friendship by having dinner to buy someone's heart? It seems like we should go to a restaurant instead.

Hotel, in this type of place where there are private rooms with beds available...could it be that...,Ren Han really planned to bed me?

I was shocked, thinking if there's a possibility for the unwritten rules, I with my seemingly proud B cup was shivering with cold in front of the elevator.

If, I'm just saying if....Ren Han really planned to bed me, before he did that, should I strike first and gain the upper hand — might as well counterattack to let it reverse and bed him instead?

But then, "Unwritten Rules" this statement, seems that it always being used only for Boss against Subordinate, then if it's the other way round, what will it be called?

Inside my brain is a complete mess, right at the time when I was biting my nails not knowing what to do, the elevator sounded a ding sound indicating that it has reached the third floor. I raised my head to look up, consequently, my back turned stiff on the spot.

A magnificent red carpet that it is so soft that you might fall down when you step on it;

A snow white square-shaped tablecloths with a simple and elegant decorative design;

A graceful and charming young lady standing in front of the hall waiting to welcome the guests;

A hall filled with gorgeous and expensive variety of western style food and champagne;

And there's also men wearing formal attire and women in a variety of skimpy formal dresses;

A bright-coloured banner hanging at the entrance of the hall:

XX Group Anniversary Celebration and XX Brand Champagne Launching Taste Party

The facts are telling me that this is a wine reception of XX Group.

The facts are also telling me that just now I've not been thinking straight, it was me who's thinking too much and too passionate.

The reason why Ren Han asking me to come .... probably asking me to attend the reception on behalf of the company.

As expected, here I am clasping my chin don't know what to say, over there the urbane VP Ren passing through the crowd, walking towards me, his face full of smiles but the words spoken are frosty, "You're late by one minute, deduct salary ¥50."

I looked at the arrogant, high and mighty Ren Han, I had an impulse to give him a ferocious kick and a desire to enjoy myself looking at this big man screaming in pain at such an elegant reception.

Company Rules, attending client's reception cannot be late otherwise must deduct salary. There's no problem with this, the problem is .... VP Ren, did you mention in your message that I'll be attending a reception?

Before I could have a chance to defend myself, I saw the crowd was whispering and realised that the next problem is more serious. I have yet to open my mouth to talk, Ren Han fussily shot a glance at me, "No makeup, not wearing formal dress, extreme disrespect for the client's reception. According to the rules, deduct ¥400."

These days, there's no way for me to live on. After deducting ¥1500 for monthly debt payment to "Huang Shi Ren" Ren Han, I merely left with ¥500 to pass my days. But just a moment ago within one minute time, VP Ren once again ruthlessly deduct ¥450, so I'm left with ¥50 enough to buy twenty packets of instant noodles.

Indeed it's truly .... very very good!!!

I clenched my fist trying to endure, finally manage to ask the biggest question in my mind, "VP Ren, if I'm not mistaken, attending receptions is supposed to be Journalism Department matters. Our Editorial Department, since when did we start having to follow you out for attending reception activity?"

Even if you want to beat a dog also need to see who's the owner! My boss obviously is Li Zi Ru, Editorial Department Chief. Ren Han, no matter how high your position is, but to use people from other departments anyhow, isn't it a little too much?

"People in Journalism Department are all dead... all busy?"

After listening to my words, Ren Han smiled, swirling the wine glass on his hand and ambiguously said: "Do you think I want to be with you?"

Having said that, he casually threw a magnetic key card to me and said, "Room 305, camera and recording pen are all inside. The meeting officially starts at 6:30pm. Do a good recording job, understand?"

Rolling my eyes, I went to the room to get the camera. Understand? of course, I understand. At the beginning when I just joined the company, the moment I heard who and who went to a five-star hotel for dinner or cocktail party, I this little rookie was very excited. However, after six months, I've had a well-versed experience.

Attending a reception, this kind of thing seems like glamorous matter, in fact, it's totally unreliable.

When a rookie such as myself is attending a reception, definitely has to be accompanied by so-and-so Vice President or Big Boss. Nicely said, it's Companionship; Ugly said, it's Drinking Attendant. According to my understanding of VP Ren, for drinking entertainment, probably he's not very keen on using me for that.

Therefore, I'm left with the second role – small servant. Have you seen any Bosses of News Media who were invited to attend major events that he will do all the photo taking, recording, and interviews by himself? Have you seen any Bosses who insist to write up news? It is us the small soldiers who have to put up with these kinds of things.

Therefore, even if VP Ren forgot to inform me about the reason for coming to Kempinski, and because of this ruthlessly making fun of me, however nevertheless he still remembered to bring camera and voice recorders, because, everything prepared was for me.

By that time, when all the Bosses sit down to have their meal and drinks, to talk happily and joke around, to see which MC is more beautiful tonight – I have to painstakingly work hard to do the sound recording and taking pictures of the front stage.

Eat? Don't even think about it, at which reception? after it ends, don't I need to go home to eat?

I miserably cursed in silence. While looking for the room, I decided to see if I can find anything to eat inside the room.

However, the room card has not yet been inserted into the door, room 305′ door had automatically opened.

"President Liu?" Unexpectedly, Big Boss has personally attended this small reception.

Big Boss smiled so happily when he saw me, he looked around outside the door, making sure that no one was around, then anxiously pulled me and said: "Come in, I've waited quite a while for you."

....

No, it can't be?

Mummy, Sister Xiao Fu, Can Can, Xiao Wei , save me! I would rather be raped by Iceberg Ren a thousand times, rather than by Big Boss, not even half a minute ah !!!

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *