Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Monday, June 5, 2023

Rotten Girl 62: Checkmate!

The saying goes, "Others laugh at my craziness, I laugh at their inability to see through." It aptly describes people like Xiao Fu Jie.

She is the most clear-headed and insightful person in the company, unlike me and Can Can, who complain directly when we're unhappy.

Xiao Fu Jie clearly understands that the stingy boss cannot tolerate a pregnant woman idling in the magazine for more than ten months. Moreover, for nearly a year, the company has to pay her salary, benefits, and contribute to social security and medical funds.

Therefore, Xiao Fu Jie had made meticulous plans before getting pregnant. She silently wanted a baby, and when she released the news, she was already carrying the child. Xiao Fu Jie was waiting, waiting for the company's response, waiting for the boss's attitude. Unfortunately, the boss's attitude clearly disappointed her. In this situation, she felt that there was no reason for her to stay in the magazine and directly confronted the company.

The following events unfolded naturally. Ren Han and Xiao Fu Jie had a sincere conversation behind closed doors. Xiao Fu Jie demanded the company to pay her one year's worth of salary with benefits in a lump sum, as well as compensate her for a significant amount of mental distress. She agreed not to pursue legal action, considering it a mutual separation without tearing each other's faces.

The boss was furious and raged in the office, but eventually complied with the demands and settled the matter. Xiao Fu Jie left with an amount equivalent to three years' worth of her salary. For a while, the office was buzzing with discussions. Unlike before, this discussion scattered people's minds even more.

"Foodie Senior Council"

[Editor Xiao Fu] exited the Senior Council group.

[Administrative Xiao Zhi] Wow, she really left just like that? She even left the group?

[Distribution Xiao Zheng] Seriously? Xiao Fu, this is a private group unrelated to the company.

[Reporter Lao Xian] No need to say, she can't see it anymore.

[Editor Can Can] I messaged her privately!

[Administrative Xiao Zhi] No need, I tried... seems like she's already offline.

[Editor Xiao Wei] Sigh!

[Reporter Lao Xian] Sigh sigh!

[Editor Can Can] Sigh sigh sigh!

[Editor Bai Ning] Oh my god!! Can't you guys stop fueling the fire and sighing all the time? I'm already annoyed enough.

[Editor Xiao Wei] Exactly, Xiao Fu Jie was so close to us usually, and now she just left without even a farewell meal. It's a bit hard for me to handle emotionally.

【Admin Xiao Zhi】Well, why did Xiao Fu jie do this? It's all because of what Big Boss Liu did, he went too far and hurt Xiao Fu jie's heart. She doesn't want to stay here for a moment longer and naturally wants to leave as soon as possible.

【Reporter Lao Xian】Ahem, Xiaozhi, be careful with your words.

【Admin Xiao Zhi】Forget it, I've thought it through. I'm also a woman, and I will reach that day too. If even the highly capable worker like Xiao Fu jie, who is also long-time staff, is treated like this by Big Boss Liu, what can I expect as a mere administrative staff?

【Editor Bai Ning】...

【Editor Can Can】Xiaozhi, how could you... Don't you usually teach me and Xiao Ning to be cautious with our words? Are you acting up today?

【Admin Xiao Zhi】No, it's just out of anger. I think what Boss Liu did this time was too much.

【Editor Zi Ru】Silence! Bai Ning, Can Can, don't you have anything better to do?

【Admin Xiao Zhi】Heh, Ziru, you are asking me not to speak, I know it's for my own good. But I still want to ask Can Can and Xiao Ning, what are your plans for the next step?

【Editor Can Can】?

【Editor Xiao Ning】What do you mean?

【Publisher Xiao Zheng】Haven't you both found wealthy and handsome husbands? Getting married means having children, and if you get pregnant, won't the big boss kick you out also?

【Admin Xiao Zhi】Hmm, if you can leave, then leave. There's no need to end up like Xiao , where no one is happy.

【Reporter Lao Xian】Wait a minute, I know Xiao Ning is getting married, Can Can, you...

【Editor Can Can】(angry expression) Don't listen to their nonsense!

【Publisher Xiao Zheng】Tsk, everyone knows that Xiao Xiao has already proposed to you.

Staring at the screen, my eyes widened, and I turned my head to glare at Can Can. I wanted to slip away from here.

"Can Can!! How could you not tell me such an important thing? Do you still consider me your close friend? Damn it, speaking of which, me and Ren Han played the matchmaker for you and Xiao Xiao. This ungrateful person who eats inside and outside—"

Can Can saw that I was grinding my teeth, and chuckled, "Uh, the boss called me, I'll be right back."

"Don't you dare leave!" I stood in front of Can Can, hands on hips, and said, "Explain clearly, when did this happen?"

At the words, Can Can tapped her fingers and said, "I haven't decided whether to accept or not yet." She paused and then sighed earnestly, "Xiao Ning, Ren Han's grandmother came to China recently, and you've been busy with various things, planning to marry Iceberg Ren. That's why there were many things I didn't tell you."

I was stunned for a moment. "What things?" Is there something else besides Xiao Xiao's marriage proposal?

Can Can pulled me onto the seat and looked around to make sure no one was around before whispering, "Do you know about the company's plan to appoint a deputy Editor-in-Chief for the editorial department last month?"

I nodded. This wasn't exactly a secret. Thanks to the loudspeaker, Xiao Zhi, spreading the news, everyone in the company knew that our boss, Li Ziru, was struggling to handle the increasing workload and the administrative tasks of the editorial department. His secretary couldn't handle the major tasks either. So the HR department planned to create a position for a deputy Editor-in-Chief specifically to manage tasks such as manuscript review, typesetting, and creating the table of contents. Li Ziru would only need to give the final approval.

Resting my chin on my hand, I replied, "Is there even a need to mention it? If Xiao Fu jie didn't leave, she would definitely be considered for the position. Firstly, she joined the company at the same time as the boss, so her qualifications are undeniable. Secondly, everyone can see Xiao Fu jie's abilities, and she is the only senior editor in the editorial department."

Can Can nodded, "That's exactly how it started. The boss submitted the promotion proposal for Xiao Fu, but the big boss neither approved nor rejected it. The promotion proposal has been held back, but the work was still there. In fact, this month, Xiao Fu jie has been doing most of the manuscript review work."

I rolled my eyes and pondered, "That's normal. The big boss is extremely thrifty, and he must be reluctant to give Xiao Fu jie a raise. He probably wanted Xiao Fu jie to work for a month as a trial period, then the big boss won't have anything to say, right?"

Can Can let out a sigh, "That's what the boss and Xiao Fu jie initially thought. Do you know why Xiao Zhi made such a bold statement in the group chat earlier? It's because she's truly disappointed!"

"What do you mean?"

Can Can replied, "A while ago, the big boss secretly had the HR department recruit someone externally for the position of deputy Editor-in-Chief."

Hearing this, I was shocked, "The big boss isn't satisfied with Xiao Fu jie as the deputy Editor-in-Chief?!"

"By hiring someone new from outside, the workload definitely won't match up to Xiao Fu jie's capabilities, and it can also suppress her enthusiasm. The big boss thinks he can achieve two goals with one shot. After Xiao Fu jie found out about this, she didn't tell anyone but took this approach to make the big boss's plan backfire."

After hearing this, I sat in a corner and started drawing circles, realizing that I knew nothing about all these things. Because I was busy serving the Demon King, I missed out on so much gossip within the company. I only realized it when Xiao Fu jie left the company!

I felt overwhelmed at my desk!

Can Can patted my shoulder and said, "Now, all these things are not the main concern. The real question is, what are you planning to do?"

After hearing this, I was taken aback and realized that I had some pressing issues. Can Can knew about my fake pregnancy, and she also knew that the Demon King had been urging me to quickly get pregnant and fulfill our parents' expectations. If I were to actually get married and have a baby, what would be the difference between me and Xiao Fu jie?

I paused for a moment and locked my gaze onto Can Can's flickering beautiful eyes. "And what about you? Have you already made up your mind to quit if you marry Xiao Xiao?"

Can Can gazed into the distance and bit her lip. "Xiao Ningzi, in fact, I have already agreed to work as a game story planner at Xiao Xiao's company."

Could it be that the editorial department was going to fall apart?


MiraiSaesang's notes: LOVE LOVE LOVE Xiao Fu! Amazing Uno reverse! F**k this boss! Also props to Xiao Zhi for calling out what needs to be! 🌟


Previous Chapter          Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *