Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Rotten Girl 58: Infiltration

When I burst into Ren Han's office, someone was calmly reviewing documents, even leisurely sipping coffee, without a trace of panic from being caught doing something wrong.

I howled loudly, extending my claws to pounce, but Demon King Ren scooped me up and pulled me into his embrace. Because Ren Han and I had never been so intimate in the office before, I found myself momentarily stunned as I sat on his lap.

In the next second, before I could protest, the two elite reporters from the Journalism Department, Lao Xian and Slime, appeared at the office door in a grand fashion. In fact, when I was roaring like a hippopotamus earlier, these two should have known that my visit to Director Ren was definitely not work-related. I sprinted to his office with fire in my eyes, and while others only dared to gossip behind my back, Lao Xian, who was afraid of peace and quiet, somehow got hold of a document and solemnly dragged Slime along to "report on work progress."

In other words, they came to watch the show.

As a result, they really got an eyeful of the spectacle.

{{{(>_<)}}}

I sat motionless on Demon King Ren's lap, facing the four wide-eyed individuals at the door.

In an instant, Demon King Ren, who had finally finished reading the documents, raised his head, still appearing calm and composed. "Finished reading? If you're done, leave."

Meanwhile, Lao Xian and Slime probably only came to purely "enjoy the show," but they never expected to witness such a sensational scene. They stood frozen at the door and quickly retreated upon hearing the boss's words. In the midst of their panic, Lao Xian accidentally stepped on Slime's leg.

Observing the situation, Boss Ren smiled knowingly. "Please close the door behind you."

And so, the world below was left with filled-in blanks.

Like a rusty machine, I slowly turned my head and locked eyes with Demon King Ren. Before I could utter a single word, Ren Han suddenly lowered his head and lightly kissed my lips.

I was in a great dilemma. This time, without hesitation, I pushed away Demon King Ren and tried to break free from his embrace. However, his arms tightened around me even more. Demon King Ren furrowed his brows slightly, displeased, and said, "Don't move. I know that when you get excited, you jump around recklessly. I'm afraid you might bump into the corner of the desk, so I'm holding you. Stay still!"

I wanted to cry but had no tears. "But this is the office." Although you, Demon King Ren, are the Vice president, I'm just a small editor. If you continue with these ambiguous actions, will I have a future here?

To my surprise, Demon King Ren responded nonchalantly, "It doesn't matter. you'll be resigning soon anyway. We're not in a superior-subordinate relationship, just family members."

!!

Can family members engage in intimate activities in broad daylight, right here in the office, such a serious place? Can family members casually disrupt the company's work? Moreover, when did I agree to resign?!

With these thoughts in mind, I remembered the main purpose of my inquiry and the anger inside me surged. I gritted my teeth and said, "You actually stole my ID on WēiFēng!"

Unexpectedly, he replied in a carefree manner, "Ning Ning, that's not considered stealing. You said it yourself, from now on, we should trust and understand each other, without any secrets. Your ID is mine, so what's wrong with me logging into my own ID?"

For a moment, I suddenly realized that I had brought this upon myself.

Since the incident with Jiao Jiao, I had developed suspicions, jealousy, and various other aftereffects. After much contemplation, I demanded that Demon King Ren should be completely transparent with me in the future, telling me everything (except for confidential matters related to high-level work). But within just two days, Demon King Ren had returned my own words to me.

This was clearly a conspiracy! It was a trap!

If I agreed, Demon King Ren would be able to freely access my ID, go through my QQ messages, and overnight, all my BL (Boys' Love) groups could vanish. However, if I didn't agree, it meant I would be unable to interfere in Demon King Ren's affairs in the future.

As I hesitated between accepting or refusing, Demon King Ren raised an eyebrow and said in a light and airy manner, "Don't have lunch in the cafeteria today. I've made a reservation outside."

I was startled, my attention successfully diverted. "Why would we eat outside when there's a perfectly good cafeteria?"

Under the auspicious fortune of the Demon King's amassed fortune, although the company claims to have a one-and-a-half-hour lunch break, in reality, if we don't start working half an hour early, it's nearly impossible to complete our workload. Therefore, since joining the magazine company, we've never had the habit of having a fancy lunch date.

Seeing my puzzled expression, Demon King Ren nodded and said, "I took the afternoon off for you. It's better to go shopping and buy a new outfit for our first meeting."

I listened in bewilderment, "What first meeting? Who are we meeting for the first time?"

Upon hearing this, Demon King Ren was in a surprisingly good mood and planted a kiss on my face, saying, "I've made plans with my family to have dinner together tonight. Qi Qi, who is away on a shoot, will also join us."

"What?!"

Successfully letting out my third exclamation of the day, my colleagues with weak hearts were probably already carried away in an ambulance. At this moment, things like the BL website and pregnancy rumors became irrelevant. My attention had been completely diverted.

"You, you, you!" I stomped my foot in frustration. "We're meeting your parents so soon? Why didn't you discuss such a big matter with me beforehand?"

Demon King Ren innocently blinked and replied, "Aren't we discussing it now? We still have an afternoon before dinner."

"How is one afternoon enough?" And do we really have to rush like this? It's not like we're getting married tomorrow. I haven't mentally prepared myself at all!

Heaven and Earth, at least give me a week for weight loss, beauty treatments, and spa sessions!!!

Damn it, Demon King Ren—

---------------The Anxious Division Line of the Ugly Daughter-in-law Meeting the Parents-in-law---------------

Throughout the entire afternoon, I was in a state of anxiety and unease.

What clothes to buy and what gifts to give were entirely up to Demon King Ren's decision. After all, he knew his own parents' preferences best. The thought that Demon King Ren could have chosen a girl with better qualifications but ended up choosing me... coupled with my reputation in high society as a new money daughter and the sudden cancellation of the engagement after my fiancé's car accident, as I stood at the entrance of the Ren family's house, fear uncontrollably gripped me.

Demon King Ren raised an eyebrow. "Alright, stop looking. You're melting the iron gate of the Ren family home just by staring at it. Let's go inside."

I grabbed Demon King Ren's hand and desperately pulled him back, tears streaming down my face. "I really, really haven't prepared myself mentally. How about this, you make a phone call to uncle and aunt and tell them we'll come for dinner next week. We can rehearse at home for a week, and you can tell me what they like and what to avoid. That way, I can be more cautious—"

"Bai Ning!"

I had tortured Demon King Ren to the point where he finally lost his temper, his eyes fixed on me. "No need. There's no point in rehearsing like that."

"Why?" Were Demon King Ren's parents exceptionally easygoing, to the extent that they wouldn't mind me picking my feet while drinking soup?

Demon King Ren squinted his eyes slightly and smirked. "Because you never met their requirements in the first place."

"..." I turned to stone on the spot, while Demon King Ren remained calm, not even raising an eyebrow, and continued his blow. "If we were to follow their criteria for selection, you wouldn't even qualify to fill out an application form for the preliminary auditions. If we were to truly compare you with other women, you wouldn't even come close to my level. So there's no need to please them. As long as I like you, that's enough. Let's go inside."

-- Not meeting the criteria at all.

-- Not even qualified to fill out the preliminary audition application form.

-- Can't even compete with other women, not even close to Demon King Ren's level.

The words that were meant to comfort me took on a different tone when they came out of Demon King Ren's venomous mouth. I clenched my teeth, hesitating whether to get angry or not, when an exaggerated female voice came from behind us, "Oh my, why aren't you going in?"

As soon as I turned around, I saw a stylishly dressed old lady in a floral dress and a pure white Samoyed standing behind us. Upon seeing the person, Ren Han immediately spoke, "Grandma."

I followed suit and obediently said, "Grandma." But my eyes couldn't help but wander over to the Samoyed. Ever since I had Ultraman, there was a time when I was crazily thinking about getting another large breed dog to accompany Ultraman and me. The Samoyed was my first choice because it was tall and adorable.

Ultraman was lively and intelligent, but also very active. He was overly friendly with everyone, not to mention being a terrible guard dog. On the other hand, the Samoyed was alert and sensitive, excellent at guarding the house, and always behaved calmly and elegantly. If the two of them lived together, they would complement each other perfectly!

However, in the end, this idea never materialized due to living expenses, maintenance costs, and the lack of time to spend with a dog. But unexpectedly, today I finally met the Samoyed that I had long admired at Demon King Ren's house. In that moment, my guard lowered a bit, and I couldn't help but drool over the obedient Samoyed sitting next to Ren Han's grandma.

So well-behaved and cute! It even walked around without a leash, unlike my little monkey at home who goes wild even with a leash. However... I glanced at Ren Han slightly. The little Samoyed didn't wag its tail when it saw Ren Han. Could it be that their relationship wasn't good?

Demon King Ren seemed to see through my thoughts and raised an eyebrow before saying to me, "Soka."

In an instant, it heard the affectionate call from its owner, and Soka wagged its tail and approached Ren Han, lowering its head to rub against his leg before obediently lying down by his side. Ren Han patted the little fellow's head, and Soka licked his hand in response.

At that moment, I was completely dumbfounded.

Ah ah ah!

Soka is really... so noble, elegant, cute, gentle, reserved, and adorable as a queen-like submissive!

Perhaps the little one wanted to pounce and shower her owner with affection earlier, but restrained by her noble status and innate elegance, she patiently waited for her owner's cue before gently approaching. This is truly the reserved charm that Ultraman could never learn! So, it's true what they say: "like owner, like dog."

Oh, dear, dear Soka, you have truly won my heart!

Upon seeing this, I reached out with my magical claws, ready to swoop in and lavish Soka with affection. However, before I could even touch her fur, I was abruptly stopped by Grandma Ren, who peered at me with narrowed eyes and said, "Oh my, is this the one my little Han has been longing for, Ning Ning?"

Upon hearing her words, a certain someone awkwardly coughed into their fist, and a blush, known as the "rosy glow," appeared on their cheeks, representing their shyness.

Hearing the adjective "Ning Ning" before my name filled my heart with joy. Taking advantage of the situation, I wagged my tail and said, "Hello, Grandma. I'm Bai Ning. I just found out I would be coming to see you, so I didn't bring any gifts. I hope you don't mind."

Upon hearing my words, Grandma Ren squinted her eyes and said, "Oh my, you're here, that's enough. Who needs gifts?" As she spoke, she grabbed my hand and led me inside, confidently saying, "Besides, you will be my granddaughter-in-law sooner or later, so any gifts you buy will still be little Han's money."

...

I was caught off guard and almost stumbled in front of the Ren family's doorstep. I finally understood that the skill of Ren Han's sharp tongue runs in the family. But at least, under Grandma's guidance, I had infiltrated the enemy's territory—I officially stepped into the Ren family's home.

A grand dinner awaited us that evening.


MiraiSaesang's notes: Now I want a Samoyed! Soooo cute!😍 I have always admired this dog breed, but had no idea that's what they're called...the more you know lol


~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *