Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Rotten Girl 57: Troubling Affairs

Afterwards, I learned from Can Can that it wasn't just Boss Li Ziru who came to visit that day, but also the elite members of the Journalist Department, the Big Boss, and Can Can's boyfriend, Xiao Xiao. The room was crowded with people, claiming to be visiting the patient, but most of them were there out of curiosity due to the gossip news.

However, the Big Boss didn't show any face. In front of everyone, he threw my soft article in front of Ren Han, saying seriously, "VP Ren, while you are improving your own professional writing skills, shouldn't you also improve the professional level of your family members?"

At that moment, Boss Ren Han was confused, furrowing his brows as he took out my soft article from the file folder. Curious onlookers like Can Can and Slime also tilted their heads to read it. Within a minute, the entire room knew about the "enlightenment" misunderstanding. However, due to the increasingly pale face of Boss Ren Han, no one dared to laugh out loud.

Seeing the situation, in an attempt to defend his subordinates, the Big Boss tried to ease the atmosphere and said, "This little one here probably got distracted due to recent troubles. Ziru, you don't have to take it too seriously. You should be patient with your subordinates and discover their strengths."

"For example, in this matter today, although Xiao Bai made a mistake, you should also notice her unique sense of humor. Look, those two homophonic words instantly turned the 'enlightened monk' into a 'flower monk,' and the so-called 'secret technique' is thought-provoking. It shows that Xiao Bai has a lot of thoughts, haha~"

- Perhaps, Big Boss truly loves and defends me, trying to cover up the awkward situation.

- Perhaps, Big Boss just wants to ease the tension in the room.

- Perhaps, Big Boss doesn't really intend to worsen the situation.

But!!

As soon as these words were spoken, the temperature in the room dropped to freezing point, and crows cawed above everyone's heads.

Isn't Big Boss pushing me toward the label of "sexual predator"? Can Can said that at that moment, Ren Han was so enraged that his veins were bulging, and he clenched his teeth. But our manager, who has been experiencing unstable mood swings lately and was in a frenzied state, was furious with my soft article. Even after hearing Big Boss' words, he still refused to give me any leeway and retorted:

"Strengths? Unique qualities? Are you implying that Ren Han taught her well in bed, so Bai Ning could write such a humorous sentence?"

It can be imagined that at that moment, the expressions of the people were filled with various colors and flowers bloomed, but that is a story for later.

For the present, because of that one sentence, I caused any loss of face for Demon King in front of colleagues and subordinates. Despite my numerous pleas and apologies, the judgment regarding the GV issue is as follows:

One, GV and all its related Yaoi novels, adult content, and fantasy films and animations are confiscated without conditions. If any of the aforementioned items are discovered after marriage, punishment will be imposed accordingly. The nature of the punishment will be determined by Demon King based on his mood at the time.

Two, all Yaoi stories published online are unconditionally ceased, especially that one melodramatic story based on the magazine company, Demon King, and Li Ziru. (If there are any penalties for deleting the story that violate the contractual agreement with the website, the penalty fees will be paid by Demon King, and the repayment method will be decided by Demon King.)

Three, from now on, you must not get starry-eyed when you see other men (especially when you see them in pairs), you are not allowed to casually discuss men, and you must leave all QQ groups related to BL (Boys' Love).

...

Looking at this judgment that sacrifices my happiness to satisfy Demon King Ren's desires, I completely roared, "Isn't it just a mistake in two words? Isn't it just losing a bit of face in front of your subordinates? Is this necessary, huh?!"

Demon King Ren didn't even lift his eyes and argued confidently, "It's precisely because you've seen too much of these obscene GV things that you can write such talented sentences."

"Haha, it's just my imagination. It's still better than some people who are lewd in their actions!" Thinking of Demon King Ren's relentless "torture" day and night, and now he dares to talk about how "GV defiles my pure soul," I couldn't bear it anymore.

To my surprise, when Demon King Ren heard my words, he shrugged and said, "Alright, let's put this issue aside for now. Ning Ning, let's summarize this disagreement we had."

I had a bad premonition and instinctively swallowed my saliva and stepped back. "What kind of summary?"

Ren Han said, "I didn't consult with you before agreeing to act with Jiaojiao, and for that, I was wrong. But I did it because you would be affected by knowing the truth. Now I formally apologize to you, so... " As I heard Ren Han pause slightly, my heart rose to my throat.

"So, shouldn't you also explain why you and Bo Xi appeared at the tv station?"

"..." Sure enough, Demon King Ren, how could he let me off? He didn't settle the score back then, so now he just wanted to settle it all at once?

Demon King Ren's eyes sparkled, and he smirked, "Bai Ning, don't tell me you were on a date."

o(╯□╰)o

------------A Pitiful Summary of Being Held Accountable after Autumn------------

On Monday, I returned to work after taking sick leave, and VP Ren had fully recovered and been discharged from the hospital.

Since the hidden incident had become widely known, neither I nor Ren Han bothered to hide it. We confidently drove to work, entered the office together, attracting some attention in the process.

Of course, it's not like the employees revolted and refused to work. They all rushed into the editorial department to see me, but the QQ group was particularly lively.

"Foodie Senior Council'

【Admin Department Xiao Zhi】: Oh my, little Ningzi, you're so thoughtless. So you're the daughter of Bai Youcai from the Bai Group, and yet you've been keeping it a secret from us all this time.

【Distribution Department Xiao Zheng】: Exactly, we've been treating you as a member of the gossip team all along, but you never regarded us as your own people. You didn't even disclose this small piece of news to us. Also, what's the deal with you, VP Ren, and that Jiao Jiao?

【Editorial Department Can Can】: It's not fair to say, but I'm also curious. Ren Han is so tight-lipped, and whenever Xiao Xiao asks, he just gets push back. Ningzi, come on, spill the beans!

【Journalist Department Lao Xian】: Tsk, look at how unprofessional you all are with your questions. Just by seeing VP Ren and Ningzi hand in hand coming to work, it's clear that Bai Ning emerged as the winner! Otherwise, according to the typical development in romance novels, Bai Ning should have returned in sadness and resigned, or VP Ren should have disappeared, returning to the Ren family to inherit the family business."

I felt a bit awkward. Lao Xian, it's such a pity he's not writing novels. When did he see me and Ren Han holding hands while entering? We were just... going to work normally. Did they really need to welcome us like this?

【Admin Department Xiao Zhi】: Anyway, we don't care. Today, Xiao Ningzi, you must honestly confess. What's going on between the two of you? Oh my, if we expose this insider information, our magazine will definitely be a bestseller.

【Editorial Department Xiao Fu】: Xiao Zhi, no need for "ifs". The editorial department is already planning a headline topic about Iceberg Ren and Xiao Ningzi.

【Editorial Department Bai Ning】: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weakly spurted blood and felt like typing while floating in the clouds.

【Editorial Department Bai Ning】: Xiao Fu, are you sure you're not mistaken? We're not a third-rate entertainment gossip magazine. We are a legitimate food industry magazine!

【Editorial Department Xiao Wei】: Bai Ning, you don't understand. Although our magazine is different from those low-quality entertainment tabloids, satisfying readers' demands is still our top priority. Just imagine, if you knew that "Gourmet" magazine is the company where the recent hot news figures work where Miss Bai and Prince Ren met, became acquainted, and fell in love, and at the same time, we are in the midst of a sensational news report, wouldn't it be appropriate to have some behind-the-scenes stories? Are we doing justice to our subscribers? Are we doing justice to our loyal advertisers?

【Distribution Department Xiao Zheng】: Hmm, well said! Xiao Ningzi, if the magazine sells well, I'll treat you to a meal next month as a commission ^^

With tears flowing from my eyes, even Xiao Wei, who is usually kind-hearted, spoke like this. I directly squatted in the corner and drew circles.

【Editorial Department Bai Ning】: But what happened between me and Ren Han completely goes against the style of our magazine. Where would it be placed? I don't believe it! You're making it up, for sure.

【Editorial Department Xiao Fu】: You don't need to worry about that. We have already discussed it with the boss. We will start a new column called "Editorial Department Diary," aiming to communicate and interact with readers. It will be specifically used to answer readers' questions or provide feedback on articles. As for this issue, we will specially write the gossip news about you and Iceberg Ren.

【Admin Department Xiao Zhi】: Support, support, wholehearted support!!

I am completely emotionally scarred, going crazy while staring at the screen. I imagined people like Can Can, Xiaozhi wielding little whips and lashing at me, forcing me to confess about Ren Han. How should I explain the situation with Jiao Jiao and even Bo Xi...?

OTZ

【Editorial Department Bai Ning】: I don't believe it. I'll go ask the boss myself!

Just as I sent this message, our elusive boss suddenly appeared and responded to me instantly. What's even more chilling is the content of the conversation.

【Editor Zi Ru】: Bai Ning, are you planning to resign?

【Administrative Department Xiao Zhi】: ...

【Distribution Department Xiao Zheng】: ...

【Journalist Department Lao Xian】: ...

For a moment, the ellipses in the QQ group flashed in an orderly manner, blurring my vision. I jumped up from my desk, no longer caring about the rule of "not making loud noises in the office during working hours," and shouted, "Who spread this rumor?"

The sound was piercing, and I believe it could be heard even at the top of the clouds. Those who were in the group just now probably heard it loud and clear. In fact, when I explained the Bo Xi incident to Demon King Ren a few days ago, Ren Han had made two requests: first, I must not contact Bo Xi anymore, and I don't need to worry about the follow-up; second, I should resign from the company on Monday.

Regarding the first point, considering my mistake, I could reluctantly agree, but the second point was something I absolutely couldn't accept. I admit that when I first started working at the magazine, my motivation was more about spite than interest. But after more than two years, I have gained a career, love, friends, and experiences in the magazine. It's no longer about proving that "I'm not just a new money rich girl." I couldn't give up this career because of marriage, no matter what.

At that time, I thought Ren Han might have asked for me to resign out of anger because I embarrassed him in front of his subordinates. I was planning to discuss it slowly after he was discharged from the hospital. So I didn't pay much attention to it at the time. But then... before I could even speak, Ren Han took action!

Shameful! Despicable!

While I was hesitating between "going to ask the boss for clarification" or "storming into Ren Han's office and giving him a beating," the QQ avatar blinked again. This time, it was Guo Ning, the editor from the Mighty Novels website.

【Guoning, the Giver】: You little Ningzi!

【Guoning, the Giver】: Ahhhhh,  I can't bear living like this anymore!

【Guoning, the Giver】: ... Forget it, it's hard to scold you for something like this. Congratulations, and remember to come back to Pingkeng early.

My reply went from a question mark to "What does that mean?" and finally to "I don't understand what you're saying," and I still couldn't send it. I kept deleting and rewriting, but I couldn't keep up with the speed at which the editor was typing. This person is like that; when they get excited, they keep talking without giving others a chance to catch their breath.

When she finally calmed down and stopped typing, I discreetly sent a big question mark.

【Guoning, the Giver】: Tsk, don't pretend with me. I saw your notice in your author's column. Now your readers are in distress, looking at the fact that there are only thirty thousand words left until the end. Sigh...

【Guoning, the Giver】: Anyway, you better use the computer less to avoid radiation.

As I read the editor's words, my eyes twitched. My female intuition told me that something wasn't right. Regardless of the fact that it was still work hours, I subconsciously opened the author's column on the Weifeng Literature website and saw a grand announcement hanging there:

Dear everyone, due to an unexpected pregnancy, after discussing with my husband, we have decided to keep this little life. Starting from today, I may have very limited online time in order to prioritize the baby's health. ^^

I hope you all understand, right?

This time, I forgot to react with shock, drop my jaw, or go crazy as I calmly opened the ongoing novel. Sure enough, there were overwhelming reader comments below.

Apple fart: Boss, what are you doing??? You said you would continue, but now the updates will go from monthly to yearly??? What's the difference between that and being completely cut off?

Xiao Le: Ahh, Lady Ning, didn't you say you didn't have a boyfriend? Why did you suddenly... Is this so-called "husband" just a one-night stand or a late addition to the story?

In the chrysanthemum garden: What... What can I even say about this? I've been following this story for over a year, and just as it's about to reach its conclusion, you suddenly decide to stop updating. Fine, I could reluctantly accept it if you said it was due to publishing or job change reasons. But pregnancy? Seriously, do you have any better excuses?

11: Hey, the person above, that's not fair. Didn't you hear? Ningzi said it was an "accident" that she got pregnant. Why are you so disgusted by it? Shouldn't we be congratulating Ningzi? After all, in this world, nothing brings more joy than the arrival of a new life!

ELLA: I agree with the person above. But Ningzi, actually, if you wear radiation-proof clothing, you can still update the story. When I was pregnant with my son, I wore radiation-proof clothing and continued working until the fifth month before taking maternity leave. The baby was healthy. Blushing, I congratulate you, but I still want to read the story.

In the chrysanthemum garden: In response to comment 11, even if this isn't the author's excuse, even if she really did have an "accident," even if "nothing compares to the arrival of a new life," I am still a paying VIP consumer. Just because the author had an accident, does it mean she can simply stop writing? Isn't the novel just like a baby? Since she started it and made it VIP, she should take responsibility and write it until the end!!!

...

My lips twitched. Without even thinking, I knew it wouldn't be long before this matter spread to the forums, sparking a debate between the supporters and critics. Soon, I would become the most gossip-worthy author of the year. From a one-night stand to the theory of boarding the train late and now the identity of the husband, every aspect will be thoroughly discussed. I will become the most sensational author of the year.

And the one who hacked my account and disgustingly imitated a LOLI tone to make the announcement... there's only one person who could do that:

"Re--n--Han--"

Today, the second thunderous roar echoed through the clouds from the editorial department.


Previous Chapter           Next Chapter


~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *