Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Rotten Girl 52: Scales

That evening, I went to seek refuge with Worm, crying and sobbing.

Worm, who was relaxing at home, was taken aback when I explained the situation and immediately exclaimed, "Impossible! Absolutely impossible! Bai Ning, you must have seen it wrong. How could my nephew be interested in Jiaojiao? There's no connection whatsoever. You, acting so impulsively and even splashing someone with water, tsk tsk, you've ruined a perfectly good marriage proposal..."

= =

The more I listened, the more something felt off. Finally, I realized that Worm was no longer the same Worm I knew back then. She had completely become someone else's wife and only cared about her nephew, not me.

I remained silent while Worm continued to speak excitedly, patting her pregnant belly in front of me. "Here's what we'll do. I'll have the driver take you back to Ren Han's house right now, and you apologize as soon as you get back. Ah! If you miss today, how long will you have to wait for someone to marry you? My nephew is so good, why haven't you agreed yet?"

"But I clearly saw-"

Worm erupted in anger, cutting off my words. "You must have seen it wrong, seen it wrong! Ren Han rejected a business marriage for you. How could he possibly get involved with Jiaojiao?"

"But that car was clearly-"

"That's just a coincidence! Isn't it normal for other people to drive the same model of car?"

Just as we were talking, the television suddenly blared with the voice of an excited and shrill gossip host, diverting both my and Worm's attention.

"We interrupt this program to bring you the latest entertainment news. Today at 2 PM, paparazzi captured a set of photos near the XX Road TV station. Through the video and clear photos, everyone can see that the man and woman getting out of the silver-gray car are none other than the popular singer Jiaojiao and the heir of the Ren Corporation. It is reported that Jiaojiao has recently met with Ren Corporation staff on three separate occasions, sparking rumors in the entertainment industry that she is leaving her current management company to join the Ren Corporation. And now, Jiaojiao and the Ren heir were seen openly kissing on the street, further suggesting her intention to marry into a wealthy family..."

On the screen, there was a frozen scene of Ren Han passionately kissing Jiao Jiao, and my heart felt like it was being twisted, my fists clenched tightly. On the other side, Worm, who was just making a lot of noise, had her jaw dropped to the ground.

After regaining her composure, Worm blinked her eyes and murmured, "H-How is this possible..." Although she didn't admit it verbally, her demeanor and tone had already become subdued.

I took a deep breath, turned off the TV, and smiled, saying, "How about that? It wasn't just my eyes playing tricks on me, right?" I must say, the paparazzi are quite professional these days. I have no idea where they managed to capture that moment from but the radiant expressions of the two of them could easily be mistaken for wedding photos.

Worm paused for a moment, then sat down and said, "Could there be some misunderstanding? Maybe... I can go talk to Ren Han for you—"

Before Worm could finish her sentence, I shook my head in despair. "Worm, no matter what the reason is, I can't accept seeing the man I love holding another woman in his arms, especially when that woman is Jiao Jiao... You can't understand how I feel right now, just the thought of that scene makes me sick."

Upon hearing this, Worm held my hand, slightly trembling. "Is there really no room for reconciliation? I can see that he genuinely cares about you. He even went through so much preparation for the proposal, and when he was in England..."

I waved my hand, stopping Worm from continuing. With a sigh, I said, "Worm, please don't say anymore. I suddenly realized something. Whether it's Ren Han or Bo Xi, I can't reach their level. I will forever be Bai Ning from the old apartment complex. A Prince Charming is something someone like me can never hope for."

After eating two extremely sour oranges, I think I'll probably avoid oranges for a long time. I imagine that even the thought of them will make my teeth ache.

As I finished speaking, Worm, who was by my side, didn't react at all. Puzzled, I tilted my head and asked, "What's wrong with you?"

Worm burst into tears and said, "But... but I thought it was a misunderstanding. I thought you were just playing around, and Ren Han has already come to pick you up."

As soon as the words fell, the doorbell outside rang at the right moment.

I felt a twitch in my mouth and three black lines hung over my head. Worm, you traitor!

Worm's eyes were moist, poking her fingers in a pitiful manner. "I really didn't know it would turn out like this..."

"I don't care. I don't want to see him now. Tell him to leave."

With tears in her eyes, Worm nodded and reluctantly went to open the door. But not long after, I heard Worm scream in the hallway, "Bo Xi?"

In an instant, Bo Xi strode over to me, his expression mixed with various emotions. He stared at me for a long time before finally uttering a word, "I..."

I looked at Worm, and she immediately raised her hands innocently. "I swear, I didn't notify anyone except for calling Ren Han."

...Jesus, can't you give me a break?

In the garden, Bo Xi and I sat on opposite sides, sipping tea.

Bo Xi: "Ning Ning, I'm sorry. I know it's sudden for me to come over like this, but I... I..."

I took a sip of tea, half-closing my eyes, and asked, "Bo Xi, have you been following me since you left the TV station?"

As soon as the words came out, Bo Xi's expression turned unpleasant. He clenched his teeth for a while before managing to say, "I'm sorry." Although I was in a daze at the time, I still vaguely felt someone following me. Bo Xi was indeed a good partner in some ways—considerate and gentle. He knew I didn't want to be disturbed but was afraid that something might happen to me, so he recklessly followed me for the whole afternoon.

If it weren't for Jiaojiao, perhaps our child would be able to mind themselves by now.

"Bo Xi, thank you."

In fact, even without Bo Xi saying it, I knew his intention for coming today. He probably saw the news and wanted to comfort me, but he didn't know what to say or how to comfort me in his current position. How ironic it was, just like turning back the clock three years ago, Ren Han used to be the former Bo Xi, and now the current Bo Xi was sitting beside me trying to comfort me, hah!

In this situation, Bo Xi also became slightly nervous. His face reddened, and after a while, he finally held onto my hand and said, "Ning Ning, give me a chance. I will take care of you properly!"

I stared at Bo Xi in astonishment, remaining silent for a while.

Damn it! After talking for so long, comforting is fake, taking advantage of the situation and undermining his rival is real. I clearly remember that I had made it clear to Bo Xi, and he seemed understanding!

I chuckled, trying to free my hand from Bo Xi's clutches, "Bo Xi, don't be like this—"

"Ning Ning, listen to me. Actually, when we were going to the concert to see Jiao Jiao today, I had already made up my mind. As long as you're happy, I'm willing to silently bless you, just watching you from afar. But... he treated you like this, I... I can't tolerate it... I understand that maybe you're not ready to accept me right away, but I want to tell you that I'll be here, waiting for you..."

Looking into Bo Xi's affectionate eyes, I don't know why, but I wasn't moved at all. Instead, I felt a shiver down my spine. Bo Xi, oh Bo Xi, don't you know that by hurting Ren Han like this, you're actually hurting the you from three years ago? If I hadn't seen your diary, there might have been some possibility, but unfortunately, I unethically peeked into your diary. Those longing thoughts for Jiao Jiao in each entry made me completely give up on you.

Even if it wasn't for Ren Han, it's absolutely impossible!

Bo Xi saw his "rival" and suddenly gained some courage. He stood up straight and asked, "What are you doing here?"

I couldn't help but swallow nervously, staring at the Demon King Ren. His intimidating aura was hard to resist, and I wondered if Bo Xi, who hadn't leveled up, could defeat the formidable final boss. The result was...

Demon King Ren completely ignored Bo Xi and, unwillingly, walked past him to stand in front of me with a deep gaze.

"Bai Ning, did you go to the concert this afternoon? With Bo Xi?"

I froze for a moment, instantly understanding the hidden meaning in Ren Han's words. Yes, he had kissed Jiao Jiao publicly behind my back, and I had been secretly meeting my ex-lover behind his back. Ha, what does that amount to? With both of us lacking sincerity in our feelings, what more could I say?

With that in mind, I burst into laughter, tears streaming down my face. "Yes, didn't I tell you? Bo Xi and I are back together."

"Ning Ning!" Bo Xi's eyes lit up upon hearing those words. Afraid he might slip up, I quickly added, "Actually, I was hesitant too on whether to agree to Bo Xi or not. After all... Heh, so I have to thank you, VP Ren. If I hadn't seen you with Jiao Jiao on television, how could I have made up my mind so quickly?"

Upon hearing this, Ren Han's face changed dramatically. After a moment of trembling lips, he said, "So, you did see..."

I laughed lightly, nodding my head, "Yes, I saw. Since both men have cheated on me, why not choose the one who loves me more?"

At those words, Ren Han paused, furrowing his brow, his gaze filled with complex emotions. "Bai Ning, so that's what you think."


MiraiSaesang's notes: Sigh....these two clearly lack communication. I'm sure there's a reason he went around and kissed JiaoJiao, but man, this is a hard pill to swallow! Even it was all for show for some reason, the fact that it had to be this same woman! (凸ಠ益ಠ)凸


~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *