Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Friday, September 18, 2020

Chapter 14 - Compensation Money

 I sat at the side of the bed, hugging Ultraman and trembled together with him.

Due to someone who is sitting on the sofa leisurely flipping through a magazine, the atmosphere was so devastating that Ultraman and I were having some stage fright involuntarily.

"Never thought that you also like to read comics." After a while, then The Great VP Ren Han stretched out his long legs and sniggered.

"Ah, VP Ren also likes them?" For a moment, I thought that this Ren Han is not so bad, at least we have a common hobby, maybe I can use comics to chat with him and then enlighten this facial nerve paralysis young man to embark on a beautiful bright road.

With that goal in my mind and to flatter him, I was about to say: 'If you like, under my bed there's still got a lot of magazines, the "Man You"from year 2007 up to now, one book only .....'

Unfortunately, I haven't said the words, I heard the other party say: "Boring"

I was stunned, for a moment I didn't know how to respond.

Ren Han thought for a while, propped his chin on his palm and then giggled at me, "But that's right, boring people read boring things, it's actually quite fitting."

I continue to be stunned, the Great VP Ren really deserved to be Big Boss' right-hand man, equally had the skill to make people speechless.

The big eyes staring at the small eyes for a long time, finally I found a new topic to talk: "How come Leader and the rest didn't come?"

Ren Han looked at me suspiciously, "Are you disappointed that I am the one that came?"

I laughed and said, "I didn't mean that .... it's just .... ". It's just a little strange, how can you this, Cheap Passive be so good, to be willing to console me?

"Oh that's right before you came, did Leader or President Liu ..... ask you to bring anything?" Actually, I wanted to say did you bring compensation fee and medical fee? But this can't be said so straightforwardly, therefore I had to beat around the bush.

"Oh, that one ah —"

When I heard what was said, I ferociously nodded my small head. I couldn't wait to stretch my hand out to receive the envelope. But after a while only heard Ren Han cunningly say: "Your Leader asked to tell you not to worry about the reception photos and the press release matters, we'll find the client to rearrange it."

"Is there anything else?"

"Anything else?" Ren Han frowned, with a puzzled face staring at me for a long time, then suddenly stretched out his hand and said: "Hey, this little dog is quite cute, Teddy?"

I looked at Ultraman whose being petted by Ren Han, bashfully wagging his tail like a lackey. I blinked my eyes and corrected him, "it's a Poodle, Teddy is only a beautifying way of calling a poodle, actually as long as it's a poodle, it can be trimmed to Teddy style. Because Ultraman this type of brown toy poodle, a lot of them get trimmed into Teddy Bear style, that's why it's gotten this Teddy name. Actually, everyone has misunderstood."

As I continued to explain the difference between a Poodle and Teddy, on this side Ultraman had successfully jumped over from my body to Ren Han's leg       

As I continued to explain the difference between a Poodle and Teddy, on this side Ultraman had successfully jumped over from my body to Ren Han's leg. What's so unusually rare is... Ren Han unexpectedly didn't get angry, but continuously stroking on Ultraman's fur and said: "Good dog so well behaved. What's its name? Ultraman?"

I nodded my head, "Yes, when it first came to my house, it liked to watch Ultraman cartoon. The moment Ultraman hits a little monster, it will excitedly run around the whole house, that's why it is called Ultraman."

Ultraman heard me mention his name, it moved its ear up and down, barked two times and wagged its tail then snugly turned towards Ren Han's body. I was agitated and called him twice, it is actually ignoring me! How can this bastard like him so much? Could it be that his body has a copper smell?

**(copper smell = smell of wealth?)**

Me and Ren Han kept talking about Ultraman. Half an hour later, Ren Han finally put Ultraman down and asked me: "That's right, is your injury better now?"

I replied: "It's alright, it's just a fall and just need to rest two days. VP Ren, I applied sick leave for two days, the company will not deduct money from me, right?"

"No. Since there's nothing, I'm going back to the company and will let President Liu know, you have a good rest." After saying that, Ren Han indeed took his leave. When Ultraman saw its Lovely Queen had walked away, solemnly went out to chase after him.

On the balcony, when I looked down at the silhouette of a man and dog walking away, I finally remembered a very very important thing: I was so engrossed talking about Ultraman with Ren Han, what about my compensation?

The most tragic part happened on the second day.

The next day – After Ultraman and I ate our breakfast, someone once again came to pay a visit. This time around, Ultraman was filled with intense pleasure jumping around to express its love to Ren Han, kissing and pouncing, the only thing missing was him shouting "Daddy, I love you."

The reason why Ultraman was so happy is all because of the big bag of gifts that was on Ren Han's hand. Ultraman my PIA was drooling, it took the stuff out one by one from the big bag: Innova EVO dog food, dog biscuits, chicken strips, beef sticks, canned dog food, toy balls, bone dog chews, seaweed powder, milk bone, ..... all the pet provisions that you can think of was all in here, it's just that there's nothing for me.

This Ren Han, he really is unconventional. Come to people's house to visit a sick person but yet the gifts that he bought was all meant for Ultraman, it is not in vain that last night Ultraman walked him off for three streets before coming home in tears.

Once again I kicked out Ultraman who tried to grab the bones, laughed and said: " VP Ren, you're too formal. If you want to come, just come, you don't have to buy so many things for Ultraman."

Damn it, at least you should buy me two bananas, nowadays humans are living worse than dogs.

Ultraman felt that it suffered a grievance from me, it whimpered in tears and walked into Ren Han's embrace to complain. Ren Han while stroking the dog, happily said: "It doesn't matter, yesterday I found Ultraman's fur is not very smooth to touch, probably related to the poor quality dog food that you feed him, so I just brought a few items along the way."

My mouth twitched, I couldn't wait to smash the bones in my hand. How dare he say it like this, he never thought who's the one who is extorting me till I'm broke, went to buy a genuine Apple laptop and every month deducted my salary for the payment which has caused me and Ultraman to cut down on our food, I really had no choice but to let Ultraman eat low-grade dog food.

Ren Han contentedly crossing his leg said: "Moreover, all these were bought using the compensation money that the company has given to you, so you don't have to thank me."

Once he said it, immediately my eyes widened, my teeth were grinding and I stared at a certain Cheap Passive sitting on the sofa with a face showing "that should be the way" expression.

"What—did—you—say?"

If I didn't hear wrongly, what he said just now had two considerably important words:

Compensation money?!

Ah!! Ah!! He actually took the initiative to use up all my compensation money to buy dog food and treats for Ultraman?

For a moment, I started to hate Ultraman together with him, you guys a pair of man and male dog had actually ganged up to swindle my medical fees! Look at the large amount of those dog food and treats, all these at least cost me five to six hundred! God knows how important ¥500 now is for me.

Ren Han raised an eyebrow, "you didn't understand what I've said? Ultraman is a pure breed dog, such a cute and lovely dog and you actually maltreated it to nibble steamed buns with you. Aren't you afraid that the animal protection agency will come and arrest you?"

I felt choked up, then Ren Han you bullying me this much, aren't you afraid that the women's association will come and arrest you?

Ren Han continue to say: "I heard from the Old Auntie downstairs that when you encountered gangsters that day, it was all thanks to Ultraman for coming out to save you, buying a few treats to reward the hero, shouldn't it be this way?"

I'm totally feeling emotional, want to reward okay but also don't have to use up the whole amount of my living expenses for this month, right?

I hadn't got the chance to refute yet, Ren Han had gotten up, patted on Ultraman's head, stretched his body and said: "Alright, give Ultraman the bones and let's go."

I stumbled, "Go where?"

Ren Han sneered, "You've lost the company's SLR camera, don't you have to pay for it? I'll accompany you to go and buy it, as for the money, it's okay, I'll lend it to you first."

I couldn't help but take two steps backwards when I thought of the undamaged SLR camera in the drawer and I felt like dying. This VP Ren, isn't he too overly enthusiastic to help people?

"No need, I'll go and buy it myself in two days time."

"I have a friend who is a Canon Distributor, should be able to get some discount, let's go."

VP Ren your good friends are widely spread ah... how come everywhere you have friends that can give discounts?

"No need, really no need." What's the meaning if you ride a tiger, it's hard to get off? I'm totally understanding it now.

**(it means it's impossible to stop halfway)**

At this moment, everyone in the company were sympathizing with me for losing the SLR camera, and if I say I've found it, definitely I'll be despised. But if I don't tell the truth ..... I'm really worried about this overbearing Ren Han.

"You are not coming?!"

"VP Ren, you don't have to keep coming to see me, it's not good like that, you better go back to work."

Suddenly Ren Han immediately sneered and said: "Bai Ning, did you fall and damage your brain? Today is Saturday."

Saturday?

Saturday doesn't that means the two days leave that I've asked for was originally spread into the weekend? On Monday I'll still have to go back to the company and work hard? So as to say, however you calculate, you can never calculate more than the Boss.

This is evil magazine company ah ...!!!!!


Mirai's Comment: LOL That dog, what a traitor!..Hope he remembers the hand that feeds him ...

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *