Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Oriental Odyssey 39 - Most Cunning

Yuan'an rode her horse back to the residence, dismounted with a huff, and threw the reins to Mu Le.

The long waiting Madam Ye approached: "Yuan'an, what do you think of that Young master Zhao? Let me tell you, he comes from a distinguished family. Before his father passed away, he was known far and wide as General Zhao Jinglian. I heard that the Empress Dowager holds him in high regard! Ah, I mean, can you give me a word?!"

Yuan'an turned around, her expression full of anger: "I've said it before, don't meddle in my affairs anymore!"

She stormed away, leaving Lady Ye grumbling behind: "Truly like a dog biting a bone, unable to recognize a kind-hearted person!"

Mu Le, the servant boy, watched Yuan'an from a distance, not quite sure what was going on but knowing that she was upset.

Yuan'an angrily entered the cellar. The black-clad person had just finished making some pills and carefully placed one on a plate, offering it to Yuan'an: "Here, try this medicine. It's delicious. It will make you even more beautiful. "

Yuan'an took it and promptly threw it away: "I'm already beautiful enough!"

The black-clad person hurried to pick it up, grumbling in annoyance as they cleaned it: "This child is crazy, using my pills to vent her anger. Aren't you supposed to be meeting someone today? Did they not like you, or did you not like them, or is it something with your... uh, disposition?"

Yuan'an retorted, "Stop saying useless things, I have a question for you. Monk Tian Shu!"

The black-clad person was taken aback by the use of his true name. He hesitated for a moment, then straightened up and removed the hat he always had on: "Monk Tian Shu? Yes, I did go by that name. What do you want to ask?"

Yuan'an clenched her teeth and stared at his eyes intensely for a while: "When Master Sanzang passed away, did you burn down the monastery and kill your fellow disciples?"

Tian Shu was stunned by this question for a while, then sighed lightly, "You've asked me this before when you rescued me in the desert. I told you I was Chen Tian Shu, the fugitive from fifteen years ago. Haven't I already answered you?"

Yuan'an interrupted, "I want to hear it again! I want to be a great hero, I don't want to be an accomplice harboring a criminal!"

Tian Shu closed his eyes in pain.

It was as if he was reliving the painful scene from fifteen years ago: Master Sanzang's passing. The struggle between fellow disciples for the heavenly beads. The raging fire that burned in the monastery.

He slowly said, "I've been asking myself this question for many, many years. Am I a bad person? Master took me in, forgave me, and guided me. He treated me like a father. How could I betray him? But if I'm not a bad person, if I didn't commit murder, if I didn't set fire to Ci'en Monastery and kill my fellow disciples, why did I become a wanted criminal? And the other person, my fellow senior disciple, Tian Qiao, became a National Master. Who is good and who is evil? I don't know anymore."

Tian Shu's hands were rapidly toying with two heavenly beads.

Yuan'an fell silent for a while, then finally asked some idle questions: "What are those beads in your hand? Why do you only have two?"

"Because Master only left me two."

Yuan'an sighed in frustration and turned to leave.

Tian Shu called out from behind, "Why aren't you suspecting me anymore?"

Yuan'an turned away from him: "You are the direct disciple of Master Sanzang. If you were truly a scheming villain, you would have already risen to power. How could you end up in your current miserable state? How could I have taken you in?"

Tian Shu smiled upon hearing this, "You have a point."

That night, Yuan'an lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling as she recalled her encounter with Zhao Lanzhi. Her feelings were a mixture of seriousness and contradiction.

Zhao Lanzhi's words still echoed in her ears: "Chen Tianshu killed his own master, burned down the monastery, and is one of the most cunning and ruthless individuals. You are clever and energetic, yet your heart remains untainted, innocent, and kind, don't let someone... someone corrupt you."

Yuan'an sighed deeply, rolled over, and muttered to herself: "Well, I have to admit, Zhao Lanzhi is actually quite handsome. But I can't stand him, always acting like he knows everything. Hmph, I won't bother with him anymore! Now, sleep well Yuan'an. You still have plans for tomorrow!

The stars twinkled.

The next day had wonderful weather. Mu Le, the young servant boy, was feeding the horse grass while chatting with it, as if conversing with a friend.

Yuan'an bounced over, and upon seeing them, she grinned, "What are you talking to them about?"

Mu Le turned to look, feeling a bit shy. He lowered his head and didn't answer her.

Yuan'an playfully dismissed his shyness, "Oh, having a quiet chat with the horse, and you're blushing? Bring it out for me, I want to go out and have fun."

Mu Le led the horse out and handed the reins to Yuan'an, asking, "Where are you going?"

"There's a circus in the South Market. I want to go see it."

Mu Le pointed to himself, "Can I... can I come too?"

Yuan'an hadn't replied yet when Uncle Xia approached from behind, "Where do you think you're going? Small master has sent Shitou and Xiaoyu away. We're already short-handed. You'll stay home and work! Go, take this food box to the cellar."

Yuan'an mounted the horse and advised, "Listen to Uncle Xia for now. I'll take you out to play another time."

As Yuan'an left, Mu Le muttered in dissatisfaction, "She said the same thing last time."

He took the food box as instructed and walked into the cellar where dim firelight cast shadows. Remembering Uncle Xia's words, he put the food down and was about to leave when he heard a monkey's call. A child at heart, feeling annoyed, turned around, and walked further inside.

Unaware, he entered Tian Shu's secret room. Inside, he saw all sorts of strange things, and in a cage, a monkey was smoking a pipe.

Suddenly, he heard a noise behind him. Mu Le turned around abruptly, only to have Tian Shu grab his throat.

Tian Shu smiled sinisterly but in the next second, he realized that Mu Le had inserted a chopstick into his ear.

Mu Le had a sly smile, completely unafraid, "Let's see who's quicker."

Tian Shu, seeing that the situation wasn't favorable, released his grip, and Mu Le lowered his hands.

The old man's demeanor quickly changed back to warm and friendly, "Little brother, I haven't seen you before. Are you new?"

"Yeah."

"What's your name?"

Mu Le showed him the waist badge.

Tian Shu fumbled with the badge for a moment and praised, "Mu Le. What a good name. Your name reflects your character. Handsome and cute."

"Come, let Uncle check your tongue coating."

Mu Le pushed Tian Shu away.

Tian Shu quickly gestured, "Don't misunderstand. I have no ill intentions. Actually, I'm a skilled physician. I enjoy saving lives. Little Mu, brother, oh no, Le Le, please pardon my directness. You look in good health, and your physique is robust. But you don't know, you're actually sick."

Mu Le frowned, "Nonsense. I'm healthy."

Tian Shu asked, "Have your bowel movements been regular recently?"

"I haven't paid attention."

Tian Shu said, "Let me see your tongue coating. I'll know if your bowel movements are normal."

After saying this, Tian Shu pinched Mu Le's jaw. Mu Le opened his mouth, and Tian Shu pushed a pill into his mouth.

Mu Le swallowed it, stood still for a moment, and then suddenly his eyes went blank, and he collapsed to the ground.

Tian Shu clapped his hands and felt at ease, "Finally found a living subject to test my medicine on!"

"Hey, hey, little Mu, brother, little Le Le."

Suddenly, Mu Le woke up, his face red, hair standing on end, blowing smoke rings in the room, he ran a few laps before dashing out.

Tian Shu's eyebrows danced, his eyes gleaming, "It worked! It works!"


Previous Chapter            Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *