Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Rotten Girl 55: Revelations

High-end villa in Ziyuan Community

Ultraman, excited like a monkey, bounced up and down as he suddenly returned to his grandparents' home. In the end, he directly jumped onto the leather sofa and affectionately rested his head on my mother's thigh.

Seeing this, my mother's eyebrows danced with joy. "See? My little Ao still loves his mommy the most. Ah, if I had known you wouldn't take good care of my youngest, I would have taken him back to raise. But now, that scoundrel of yours is hospitalized, and you're too scared to leave the house. Little Ao finally belongs to me, oh haha~

I held the remote control in my hand and immunized myself against my mother's words, continuing to stare blankly at the TV.

Entertainment News Channel: "According to reports, yesterday at Huaxi Hospital, a mysterious woman suddenly appeared in the VIP ward of the heir of the Ren family's group. Coincidentally, she was discovered by the popular singer Jiao Jiao, who happened to be visiting. This woman, whether in terms of figure, appearance, or response to the media, is inferior to Miss Jiao Jiao. However, the heir still confidently led the mysterious woman back to his room, leaving Jiao Jiao feeling desolate. Today, Jiao Jiao's fans have spontaneously launched an online search, vowing to expose this fox spirit who has damaged their relationship..."

Social and Cultural Channel: "Now, there are some post-90s generation waving flags and shouting that they want to become the third party in relationships. What does this indicate? There's an unhealthy trend in society! Take, for example, the recent rupture of the Ren-Jiao love affair, where the heir and the popular singer Jiao Jiao were exposed to rumors, revealing a third-party involvement. What does this indicate? Moral decline! Looking back at the video from yesterday, we can clearly see that this third party was holding clothes and a lunchbox, clearly caught red-handed while delivering them to the heir. What does this indicate? They are already cohabiting and have a physical relationship! What does this indicate?..."

Economic News Channel: "Our news agency has learned from informed sources that the mistress involved in the Ren-Jiao affair is actually the only daughter of the Bai family, Bai Youcai, from the Bai Group. We speculate that this young lady from the Bai family is highly likely to be engaged to Ren Han. Jiao Jiao is merely a sacrificial pawn for their interests, and the passionate kiss incident that stirred up controversy among the netizens is also speculated as a publicity stunt, further fueling the alliance between the Bai and Ren families."

...

I sat on the sofa, wanting to lift the remote control and smash the TV, but I had no strength.

In this world, everything has been completely turned upside down.

I sighed, offering my highest respect for the thousand and first time to the media's ability to distort facts, and...sending my regards to their entire families.

I am the victim here, the victim! How did Jiaojiao suddenly become a scorned woman, and I became a seductress? Seriously, has anyone ever seen a seductress with a face as round as mine, and a voluptuous figure like mine? (Cough, regarding the figure, it's none of the author's business; it's because Xiao Ning has been well taken care of at Ren Han's house.)

Meanwhile, my mother finally remembered her "duty as a mother" when she saw me turning off the power. She approached me, holding Ultraman and softly said, "Ning Ning, if you don't want to watch, just turn off the TV."

I mechanically turned my head to look at my mother. Did she change her tune? Is she actually showing concern for me?

My mother placed her chubby hands under her chin and said, "Hmm~ You have to consider both sides of the situation, Ning Ning. Just think of it this way, well, these media outlets are essentially giving free publicity to your father's company! If they still want to know the inside story, why not next time, when your father's new product comes out, you become the spokesperson and even write an autobiography. It's a mutual promotion and benefit."

-_-|||

Madam Bai's skill in telling cold jokes is truly becoming more impressive. But considering that this was a rare event, her attempting to console me, I forced out a smile that was more hideous than crying and said, "It's okay."

I pressed the red button on the remote control, and the world finally became quiet.

I tilted my head back in desolation, ready to breathe a sigh of relief, but my mother's next sentence choked me, "These people are so boring, they have no idea about the true situation and report whatever nonsense they want. This Jiaojiao has stolen our Ning Ning's man before, so it's only fair that she snatched from her too!"

I stared at my mother with a mix of sadness and anger, grinding my teeth loudly. For the thousand and first time, I doubted whether I was truly Madam Bai's daughter. I tried to reason with her for so long, but she clearly had no understanding of the situation. After all, she actually believed that I was the other woman!

Seeing my eyes bulging like copper bells, Madam Bai thought I was in pain, so she kindly patted my shoulder and said, "Go on with your affair, let the other seductresses be jealous!"

(╰_╯)#

With a three-second internal struggle, I finally couldn't bear it anymore and slammed the table, roaring in anger, "I'm not a fox spirit—"

Ultraman, who was drooling on my mother's lap, immediately got frightened upon hearing my outburst and quickly wagged his tail, translating his dog-language as, "Sir, you can take whatever you want, just don't harm me!"

Clearly, Madam Bai didn't expect me to explode. She stared at me with her mouth wide open in an 'O' shape for a while before saying, "Um... calling you a fox spirit might be a bit harsh. You're just taking back what's rightfully yours and making the other mistress unemployed!"

"..." I was completely speechless in front of Madam Bai, so I simply spread myself out on the sofa, like a corpse.

But my mother wasn't ready to give up. She cautiously extended her index finger and poked me, saying, "Ning Ning, tell me, what's your relationship like with that adulterous husband?"

Upon hearing her question, I let out another heavy sigh. What else could it be? Thinking about the events that followed yesterday, I was going insane...

Yesterday, after the arrogant Demon King led me into the hospital room, I was so furious that I took the opportunity to slip away while he was busy getting his hand wound treated by the nurses. This time, the Demon King didn't chase after me, but as soon as I left the ward, I regretted it.

I regretted it completely.

The paparazzi, who were still waiting outside the ward, pounced on me like a pack of hungry dogs that hadn't eaten meat for ten days.

"Miss, may I ask how you and Mr. Ren met?"

"Miss, could you reveal your identity?"

"Miss, do you know the relationship between Mr. Ren and Jiao Jiao?"

"Miss..."

As I ran and shed tears, cursing the paparazzi from their ancestors to descendants, I finally made it to the entrance of the hospital. Suddenly, a luxurious red car appeared in front of me. Naturally, I assumed that the owner of the car was implying for me to "get in" and was planning to abduct me.

So, without hesitation, I swiftly opened the door, got into the car, and as I watched the car move further away from the paparazzi, I finally let out a long sigh of relief. I turned around, revealing my standard set of eight sparkling white bunny teeth, but the words "thank you" got stuck in my throat.

Beside me, Jiao Jiao chuckled while driving, "Bai Ning, I'm actually quite skilled in driving, and evading the paparazzi is my specialty."

"Oh?"

"So... you don't have to look so resigned."

Has my face twisted to such an extent?

Silence filled the car.

Jiao Jiao dropped me off at the entrance of the Bai family's mansion. Just as I was about to get out of the car, I heard a soft, floating sentence from behind, "Would you like... to have a drink?"

Indeed, what was bound to happen eventually happened.

We found a secluded cafe, and as soon as we sat down, Jiao Jiao went straight to the point, "Bai Ning, do you know why I got together with Bo Xi three years ago?"

"... " I fell silent for a moment, picked up my coffee, and savored it slowly. How could I answer the question about why you got involved with my fiancé?

"Because I wanted you to be happy."

The next second, I was completely astonished. Because she wanted me to be happy, she cheated on me. What kind of reasoning was this?

Jiaojiao shook her hair and smiled with a hint of melancholy. "Ning Ning, you've never been foolish. You can see certain things clearly, but choose to remain silent. I never intended to force you, so after you rejected me, I simply hoped that you would find your own happiness. But this Bo Xi, he didn't pass the test. He doesn't deserve to have you!"

Upon hearing this, three big question marks appeared above my head. Rejected? What rejection? Okay, I admit, today at the hospital, I started suspecting that Jiaojiao had some sort of same-sex inclination towards me, but it was today! What do you mean by "after you rejected me"? Did I reject Jiaojiao in the past?

Jiaojiao lowered her head, oblivious to my confusion, and continued speaking. "He couldn't resist my temptation, which means that even without me, there will be other women who will make you sad in the future. Since that's the case... instead of remembering other women, remember me; instead of hating other women, hate me. Ha! Hatred is better than forgetting."

I wearily scratched my head, half-listening to Jiaojiao's words. Because I was genuinely, seriously trying to remember when Jiaojiao had shown interest in me and when I had officially rejected her. Why couldn't I recall? Was I also suffering from amnesia like Bo Xi?

Jiaojiao absentmindedly stirred her coffee. "I know you must think I'm twisted. It's okay. Ever since I found out that I couldn't tolerate you being alone with someone else for more than half a day, I knew I was twisted. Ning Ning, sometimes I think maybe I hate you as much as you hate me..."

When was it? When? Ah! If I had known the truth was like this, I wouldn't have suffered so much back then. Memories, please, remember. When did I reject Jiaojiao?

Jiaojiao said, "Do you know why I'm telling you all this today, three years later?"

I scratched my head. "Um—" Was it not appropriate to ask her now when she confessed her feelings?

"Heh, even though it's hard to accept, I have to admit that Ren Han has passed the test. He hasn't developed feelings for me... Ning Ning, even though we can't be friends and I've always known that you can't accept this kind of love... I still wish you well. I wish you and that guy Ren Han the best. But if he ever dares to mistreat you in the future, I won't let him off the hook!"

"Um," I gazed at the ceiling, resigned to my fate. Taking a deep breath, I finally said, "Jiaojiao, I want to ask you something—"

Upon hearing my words, Jiaojiao paused for a moment, then casually tossed her hair and said, "No need to ask, Ning Ning, you can relax. Actually, that public kiss on the street was staged for those bored onlookers. I find men so disgusting, why else would I let any of them touch me? It was just a misunderstanding."

"No, it's not about that..."

Jiaojiao interrupted me again, "Actually, by that time, Ren Han had already discovered my secret and threatened me forget you. He said he would never let you go, no matter what. You know..."

"Ah! Ah! Ah!" Cutting off Jiaojiao's words, I couldn't bear her incessant babbling any longer. I jumped up from the chair, screaming, "Can you just let me finish?!"

As my words fell, Jiaojiao stared at me in disbelief.

Finally satisfied, I nodded and asked, "Well, actually, I wanted to ask you when did you confess your feelings to me?"

After hearing my question, Jiaojiao, who had just been pouring out her endless love and blessings, froze on the spot. Half a minute later, she regained her composure, gritted her teeth, muttered my name, and stormed off. To my dismay, she didn't even pay the bill.

Although it was a quiet place, it was still a high-end coffee shop. Helpless, I called my friend, the "pregnant ladybug," and while she dragged me out of the coffee shop, I humbly asked her about Jiaojiao's sudden outburst.

After listening to the whole story, the pregnant Worm burst into laughter, almost rolling on the ground.

"Bai Ning, they say curiosity killed the cat, but your curiosity managed to kill Jiaojiao instantly. Hahaha! Impressive, truly impressive!"

"Huh? What do you mean? Please explain!"

After regaining her composure, the pregnant ladybug asked me in a solemn tone, "Did Jiaojiao ever tell you before that she despised men and didn't want to get married?"

"... It seems like she did."

"Do you remember her saying that she likes you, that you're cute, and that she doesn't want you to be with anyone else, only with her?"

"... It seems like she did."

"Do you remember her saying that this man is not good, that man is not worthy of you, and that she can protect you too?"

"... It seems like she did."

"Lastly, do you remember her seriously telling you that she wants to be with you forever, that she's serious about it?"

"... It seems like she did."

The question-and-answer game came to an end, and the Worm shrugged. "Well, that settles it. Jiaojiao made her intentions pretty clear, but you... Aiya, poor Jiaojiao! Xiao Ningzi, don't you realize that completely ignoring someone's existence is more pitiful than rejecting them?"

OTZ...

How could I- how could I know?

Isn't it trendy now for close friends to casually call each other "hubby" or "wifey"? I was afraid that Bo Xi wouldn't like it if I called someone else "hubby," so I firmly rejected calling Jiaojiao "hubby." Could this be what they call a "rejection of love" event?

I was still going crazy, while the Worm calmly patted my shoulder. "Luckily, my little nephew takes action. Otherwise, by the time you realize your feelings for him, Ultraman would probably be a grandpa."

The magnificent ribbon incident was completely ignored by me.

Jiaojiao, I'm sorry.

Bo Xi, I'm even more sorry.


Previous Chapter          Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *