Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Saturday, October 3, 2020

AMMIH Chapter 6.2 -- Taking up the case

     Yan Cong was relieved and then he smiled fondly at Xiao Yang and said, "Lao Xiao, tomorrow I need to trouble you to go to Wei Jun's hometown to see if there are any clues there."

**(note: Lao means old here, it's sometimes used as a way to curry favor, kind of like saying "Master" jokingly)**

    His opponent coldly glanced at him but did not reject this extra task and simply went, "Mmm."

    Seeing that he had agreed, Yan Cong then turned his head to Qiao Yin, "Lawyer Qiao, can I speak to you privately?" 

    Qiao Yin nodded and lightly patted Yang XiaoLi's shoulder: "Wait here for a moment, I will send you home, it is not safe for a girl to walk home alone this late." After that, she followed Yan Cong to another hallway. 

    "Lawyer Qiao, can you look at Wei Jun's case to see if your law firm can take it up? As for the attorney fees, I will find a way to pay it for him. I just hope you can find a good lawyer for him to try to shorten his sentence as much as possible." Yan Cong said in a low voice, slightly scrunching his brows.

    He looked at Qiao Yin with blinking his eyes and explained in a sincere tone, "He came to the city alone to work so he doesn't know anyone here. The situation at home is not good either, they most likely won't be able to afford a lawyer. He is just a seventeen-year-old kid, being sentenced to ten years is too cruel." He paused for a bit and then added, "I noticed that he is not a bad kid, you've heard what kind of place the prison is. Even if it's just for a year, going in pure may still result in coming back out tainted with malice, not to mention ten years."

    "Of course, I will take up this case." Qiao Yin said, readily agreeing, she closely observed his expression and then cautiously asked, "However Policeman Yan, you couldn't have been helping every suspect hire a lawyer, right?"

    Hearing this, Yan Cong rubbed his nose and a shy smile tugged at his lips. He was not as tall as Xiao Yang, at most he was at 5 feet 7 inches. He also had a skinny figure and with a refreshing look, he almost looked like a teenager with that expression.   

    "It's actually my first time doing this. It's actually because..." He paused and sighed, "Even though I look like this, I'm actually the father of a four-year-old," He said, stuffing his hands into his pocket, after a while, he took them back out and continued, "But my wife and I are already divorced and she got full custody of the child as well. Back then, because of work I rarely had time to see my son and after the divorce, it's been even harder to see him. I'm not too worried about anything else, but I'm worried that he won't have fatherly love." 

   He once again rubbed his nose and continued with a sheepish smile, "This kid, Wei Jun also grew up in a single-parent household. He's only 17 and yet has made make such a mistake. His calmness reveals that he doesn't want to contact his family. Looking at him reminded me of my son, so I just want to help him."

    He truthfully explained, even when it touched upon a personal problem of his, this moved Qiao Yin a little. So she smiled and nodded, "I got it." she then promised, "Officer Yan, don't worry, I will do my best on this case. However, I will not charge you."

    Hearing this, Yan Cong's expression changed, "That won't do! It has to be done according to the customs!"

    "You saved me before, so I wouldn't feel right taking your payment." With a smile on her face and a calm voice, which still gave off the feeling of oppression, "Besides, I also grew up in a single-parent household. So I can somewhat understand Wei Jun's situation.. Even if you didn't ask me, I would still have found a way to help him with his case."

    Hearing this, Yan Cong opened his mouth but didn't say anything.

    Thus Qiao Yin met with Wei Jun and her position as his lawyer was confirmed.

    After Wei Jun heard her introduce herself, he licked his dry lips, looking very hesitant "I.. I'm sorry, I don't have the money to pay for your service..."

    "I have my own personal reasons so I won't be taking any payment." She said with a smile to comfort him, then she notified him of the things that he has to remember and watch out for. Before she left, she looked back at him and saw in his big black eyes that there was a speck of light, so she said, "Wei Jun, there are still a lot of people who are trying to help you." 

    His determined eyes wavered for a bit, but Wei Jun just looked up at her and said nothing.

    An hour later, she drove Yang XiaoLi home and then drove herself and Xiao Yang back to their apartment.

    "Xiao Yang, tomorrow when you go to Wei Jun's hometown, can you take me along?" She asked removing her car keys and turning her head to the Xiao Yang, who was in the passenger seat.

    He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes as he unbuckled his seatbelt. His sexy black eyes  seemed to be deep in thought in the dark car as he said, "Yan Cong, asked you to take on this case?"

    She was mesmerized by his appearance and delayed for two seconds before responding, "Mmm."

    "Okay." Xiao Yang agreed and did not ask anymore. He opened the car door as he curtly explained, "It's a three-hour ride, we will be leaving at 7 in the morning. Sleep early."

    The next morning, they left as planned in Xiao Yang's car. On their way, they received a call from Yan Cong, Yao DaWei had been found and he had confessed. He had even handed over the ten thousand. However, he really did not know where the ninety thousand was. Wei Jun's situation was still the same as yesterday, no matter how much they asked him, he still did not answer.

    "Where could he have spent the money?" Qiao Yin asked, knitting her brows after hearing this information.

    Wei Jun's hometown was a small town near X city, his mother Zhao Mei divorced his biological father when he was seven. Three years later she took Wei Jun and married her second husband Zhang Lei and they had two daughters. The family of five all depended on Zhang Lei's small income so it was difficult. So as soon as he graduated from middle school, Wei Jun quit school and headed to X city to work.

    The family had already been informed yesterday that someone from the police would be coming over to investigate. Because of this Zhang Lei had even applied for a leave of absence for today, when he saw Xiao Yang and Qiao Yin his expression became worse. It was Zhao Mei who was taking care of the 5-year-old little girl that came over to welcome them into the house. The whole house was just 70 square feet, it was already crowded with four people living there. So it was hard to imagine how five people managed to live there.

    "Since Xiao Jun left two years ago, we haven't really been in contact with each other." Zhao Mei explained as she found a cardboard box in the super small room. She wiped the dust off her hands and looked at Xiao Yang then at Qiao Yin, "He used to sleep in the same room as my two daughters, I believed he probably won't come back, so I packed all his stuff into this box."

    Inside the box, there was some writing utensils and old textbooks, as well as some photos.

    Xiao Yang knelt beside the box and looked through the photos one by one. He then looked up with a calm expression, looked into Zhao Mei's eyes, and asked, "Did your husband, Zhang Lei usually hit the kid?"

(End of chapter 6 raws)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

YukkiMuch: DUN DUN DUN!!!!!! what will happen next??? hehe~ Tell me your thoughts!!!


Previous Chapter       Next Chapter

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *