Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Circumventing Fate 67 - Moonstruck

Lei Xing narrowed her eyes at the sleeping Emperor in annoyance.

{...You shouldn't sleep on the blanket, you should be in the blanket!... Well, if you were in the blanket, I would have dragged it off of you...

...Okay, I am being so petty right now -_-)'...It's his bed, his blanket and he's asleep, not doing anything to me at all, and will not be doing anything apparently, so let's be rational here and relax...}

Lei Xing looked at the Emperor for a bit and then inwardly groaned.

{...This is not a good picture at all...If he wanted to sleep, he should have woken me up and I would have happily moved myself elsewhere...

...Or he should have just had people move me. Honestly, if someone tried to move me, I would have woken up but I would have been incredibly pleased with his choice...So next time, just wake me up!... Actually, there shouldn't be a next time, won't be a next time!...}

She quietly sighed.

{...Oh well, whatever trouble I was going get into for staying here or being in this position, I am already nose-deep in it right now...Even if I ran out of here screaming like a mad person, it wouldn't make a difference...

...The dowager already hates me...a lot, I don't think she could actually hate me any more honestly...

...And as for the Consorts, Chen You's just waiting for an opportunity to give me the middle finger, Zhao Lan hates my face, Li Ru's good...the concubines are inconsequential, for now...so screw it, everything's already very much out of control so what's one more thing? Yay -_-)...}

Lei Xing rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling. 

{...Honestly though, what can they do?... Try to poison me? I have my beautiful, wonderful, precious ring to handle that...Plus, I don't have to take shit from them, they're not the stupid dowager...

...Plot some stupid scheme? Well then I'd have to be dumb enough to fall into one...but then it's usually not about brains, now is it? Just have to convince the right people...}

Lei Xing then cast a glance at the Emperor's face and for a split second, the thought of being with him crossed her mind.

{...I am not doing that!... Sure, he's cute, handsome, seems to have a sense of humor, fairly decent, but he's sneaky, definitely the manipulative sort. Besides, whatever he has going on with Lei Yong should be enough for protection...Plus this Lei family is not "weak", so I'm not just some ant they can just flick off ...}

Lei Xing knit her brows and turned the other way. 

{... I'm not interested in being anyone's toy! I'm not doing that!... Let's just stop thinking about all this crap? It's depressing my soul. Happy thoughts only!... I'm alive, that's one...Good! Great! Happy thoughts continue...Healthy? Okay, continue...

...Not dead? Same thing -_-)'...Next...}

Lei Xing knit her brows, thinking hard about the positives in her life.

{...Um, have money, I guess?... Okay, but I can't exactly spend it however I want-...Happy thoughts! Just think happy-...Okay! I'm here? What exactly is happy about being here?! Hm, I didn't have to see that witch, that's happy?...Yep, that is...and it's all thanks to being here, so that makes being here good then...Yep, makes sense...}

Lei Xing turned around and looked at the Emperor again, she narrowed her eyes at him.

{...Don't you think you're sleeping a little too well? I could kill you, you know...I wonder if he would wake up if I tried...Well strangling or smothering him would be an act of stupidity...Maybe he's pretending?...Or he's dead O_O)...}

Lei Xing waved a hand in front of his face and got no reaction. Then she put a finger just under his nose and confirmed he was breathing and then sighed.

{...Just to clarify, I do not want you dead. You are a bit annoying...No, you are definitely annoying. But I don't want anyone dead...Except maybe your mother -_-)... I wouldn't care if she died, I'd actually celebrate her death, throw a whole party too...

...I probably wouldn't care if you died either, well as long I'm not going to be confined to some temple with my head shaved, scrubbing floors for the rest of my life...I would celebrate your life...But I wouldn't want you dead... }

Lei Xing knit her brows in thought, and lay there looking at the Emperor for a while.

"Emperor." A voice suddenly called from outside, and Lei Xing froze. Her eyes darted around, and the person called again.

{...Should I wake him up? Nope, not my business...}

The person called again and then Emperor's eyebrows twitched, and Lei Xing immediately snapped her eyes shut.

{...I'm asleep!...No frowning, relax...calm...stable, stable, stable....no movement...I'm a rock, be the rock!...}

The Emperor opened his eyes to see Lei Xing's face. He blinked and then frowned, and laid there for a while longer staring at her face. Then the person outside called again, so he sat up in the bed. While Lei Xing was there, still pretending to be fast asleep. 

{...Yep, I am good...Hurry up and get lost though, acting isn't easy, you know...}

The Emperor finally stood up. But after a while, Lei Xing still didn't hear footsteps or the doors open, and she was getting fidgety.

{...Is he gone?...No, I'd hear the door...What the hell are you doing? Just leave!...

...Should I check? No, no, no, don't want to get roped into an awkward conversation...Eyes remain closed, just a bit longer...}

The Emperor was standing by the bed observing Lei Xing's fluttering lashes and twitching facial features with a raised eyebrow.

After a while of silence, he then said, "We'll talk when I return."

As soon as she heard that, Lei Xing immediately went rigid and knit her brows. The Emperor then snorted, turned and left with a small smile.

As soon as the doors closed, Lei Xing sat up, a bit panicked.

{...Talk? Talk about what?... We don't have anything to talk about...Unless your mother is dead and we need to talk about funeral arrangements, I can squeeze out a tear or two for the demise of my nemesis...Or do we need to justify her death, in which case I can cry you a river, I can be a very good actress when I apply myself...Those are the only scenarios that I see us needing to have a conversation...

...And I doubt either of those events is the case here... Therefore, we do not need to have a conversation, so don't return. Thank you! -_-)...}

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *