Harry Potter - Golden Snitch

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Chapter 35

 The capital city of Bei country is called Yucheng. This name is very interesting, it alludes to "the place where good will be the key." In fact, it was not difficult to overcome.

Yucheng was a long way from Xi's capital city. The news that Wu Min Jun and I received was basically day-old news, but fortunately, it was good news.

Because Bei country was still in the mourning period, the soldiers were all very low-spirited. Xi country, which has always been strong attacked and easily got the soldiers to surrender, and the city gates were soon opened to the soldiers of Xi.

At this time, a scroll of surrender requesting peace from the Bei's capital city arrived in the hands of me and Wu Min Jun.

After the old Bei Emperor died, the first prince and the second prince competed for the throne, resulting in chaos in the court. It was not long after, the third prince, Wu Hao, who was released by us, then arrived and everything became even more chaotic. Finally, Wu Hao and the first prince, Wu Zheng, and a young Marquis united and killed the second prince, who was very talented and was the appointed crown prince of late Bei Emperor, his result was dying in civil strife. It left one speechless.

Wu Min Jun listened to this matter and commented that Wu Hao and Wu Zheng were all useless people. The most important person in this matter should be the young Marquis who came out unexpectedly. After Wu Xu was killed, Wu Hao immediately said that he had no interest in the throne. The reason he had to kill Wu Xu was just to protect himself. Then in order to prove his resolve, he immediately ran to Nan country where the attitude was very neutral.

After I learned this, I had only one reaction.

"..."

Really useless...

Wu Zheng became the emperor in this way, and the young Marquis was promoted again and again, becoming the youngest TaiFu in the history of the four countries, having one person above him and tens of thousands below him.

**(TaiFu translates to Grand Advisor, akin to Prime Minister)**

Then tragedy struck...

First, Wu Min Jun and I sent troops to attack Yucheng. Second, the little Marquis suddenly became seriously ill. It was said that it was so bad that it made him confused (crazy).

Chaos in the middle of the chaos that has not yet been settled, and there was a Xi country attacking, the only trusted official was dying. Wu Zheng, who has never been useful, was about to collapse. He simply wrote the scroll of surrender and sent it that night to the Xi emperor.

That was to Wu Min Jun.

In the scroll, it said that Bei country and Xi country have always had a good relationship. He doesn't know why the Xi emperor suddenly attacked the Bei. Then he said that in this state of doubt, he consulted the officials (I don't know who it was), and they informed him that it was because the former Bei Emperor intended to attack the Xi country, and so Xi country was defending. So he said that in order to express his absolute determination to not be an enemy of Xi country, he deliberately sent a Princess of Bei.

At this point, the princess stood in front of me and looked at me with shyness.

I:"..."

I have to say that she was very pretty, and her eyes were similar to Wu Hao's. She smiled and looked very beautiful, especially to Wu Min Jun's eyes... If I was a man, I will be very tempted.

But unfortunately, I am a real woman, especially in front of this person, who has come to drag my husband with me... well, fake husband.

I dropped the scroll and faked anger saying: "What is the Bei Emperor's meaning?! For the sake of the Xi country, the soldiers of the Xi shed blood and lost their lives, the Bei Emperor actually sent a woman here in order for the two countries to reconcile? That is too much for me!

I turned my head and said: "What's more? I still have a virtuous and gentle Empress, is it possible to ignore her at this time? Am I one who is obsessed with beauty?!"

So the Princess of Bei was in a tragedy, her face lost all color as she was taken and put under house arrest, and the location was very special, that is, the cold palace where her brother was treated.

Other ministers listened to me, and they applauded my pride and righteousness.

Of course, after Wu Min Jun heard what I said, his focus of attention will always be different from others. He just repeated particular words: "Virtuous and gentle Empress? Virtuous and gentle... Hahahahaha..."

I:"..."

I was too lazy to bother with him...

After receiving the return of the messenger, Wu Zheng soon sent another scroll of peace back. It said that the Xi Emperor's temperament was rewarding. In order to express this feeling, he offered eight cities to exchange.

I:"..."

TaiFu and ministers: "..."

We didn't think much about it. Wu Zheng was so useless, actually, exchanging eight cities for a moment of peace......

Wu Min Jun was not very surprised and simply said: "Wu Zheng probably has someone on his side who is talking in his ears... Ah, it seems there is someone who wants to get rid of Bei more than us."

In any case, we have no reason not to accept such a good condition. I made a bit of posturing and said that the Bei Emperor was really polite. The Bei Emperor named the location, then I took the troops and formally signed a contract with the Bei Emperor. Eight of Bei's border cities all became part of Xi. Of course, the princess also returned with him.

I remembered that before Wu Min Jun said that his goal was eight cities... It was actually a prophecy.

Wu Min Jun got eight cities, and he was in a good mood. He was very happy every day, he also infected me and my mood also became good. He was more cheerful than the ministers and his sisters.

However, it was probably not too pleasing to some eyes, causing problems.

***

This question seems to be very common, but it was quite troublesome for me and Wu Min Jun.

That was about choosing concubines.

At the beginning, it was because of the mourning period, the new emperor was just enthroned so basically no one dared to say anything. Then, my relationship with Wu Min Jun became so good, and everyone probably had to endure it. Finally, there was the war with Bei, who would dare to bring up the topic of selecting concubines to trouble the Emperor?

But now that the new Bei Emperor was so vulnerable and took the initiative to give eight cities, and the Emperor was in a good mood... it gave people the courage to bring up matters that have been accumulating in their minds.

I have been married to Wu Min Jun for a bit more than two months. It was normal for Princess Changyi not to be with child yet. However, the first appeal I received today was that the Empress was not pregnant, he worried about the royal succession and the like and hopes I can accept concubines to open branches and scatter leaves.

I gave this to Wu Min Jun as I didn't know what to do with it. He wrote a few words, and I looked at it. The general idea was: I don't have any children, I'm not worried, what are you worried about? The Emperor is not in a hurry and is not anxious about dying.

I could imagine what expression the minister would have after receiving this reply.

It would really be something...

After this other ministers also followed suit and submitted appeals to the throne asking the emperor to take concubines. Whenever I saw words relating to this, I tossed them to Wu Min Jun, Wu Min Jun's has not been looking very good lately.

I gloated: "It seems that everyone is worried about your fertility, Xi Emperor."

Wu Min Jun gently put down the memorials in his hands and said to me: "Empress, this is your problem too... How about we think of ways to get pregnant now?"

I:"..."

Easier said than done...

I sighed and took the scroll in his hand. I looked at it and saw it was from Liu Shilang. He said that the Emperor should have a concubine, and indirectly said that his daughter was a very good candidate.

"These ministers also brought their own candidates." I laughed, "First they only urged, now they are simply recommending themselves."

Wu Min Jun said: "Otherwise, why do you think they are so active? What hundred years of foundation, what inheritance... they only want to put their relatives one by one into my harem."

I said: "That's because you are too dark, they want to find a way to restrain you."

Wu Min Jun solemnly said: "That is because they don't know me... you see, the TaiFu never said anything."

Yes, it's true that those people don't know too much about Wu Min Jun. I still remember the unfortunate uncle and Princess Shengan. Shengan and Wu Min Jun seemed to be childhood friends. The uncle was also hoping to use Princess Sheng'an to restrain Wu Min Jun. Wu Min Jun's mind, in the end, it was Wu Min Jun who used Princess Sheng'an, even used her to avoid a crisis and sent her and her clan away.

Therefore, how stupid it was for these people to push their daughters and nieces in this way... It's not certain whether or not they will be happy...

I thought of such a scene, I felt a little speechless, and I returned the scroll to him: "What are you going to do? Now they are becoming more forward, they won't always be so interested... Now it's just a matter of you writing. In the future, if any of the officials speak up, I really can't cope."

Wu Min Jun thought for a moment and said, " If you can't, just one or two?"

I started sweating: "No! You are of course okay, I... I am a woman, if, a few women leaning on me, that is too..." I thought of this picture and it was chilling: "In short, this is absolutely no good."

Wu Min Jun continued to think, then said: "Or else... really, we could... the nuptial chamber ceremony? We can change back, and you can get pregnant, killing two birds with one stone."

~Thank You for Reading, Please Comment Below~

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Get Notified When We Post!

* indicates required

Want to Buy Us a Coffee?

Become a Patron!

Suggest A Novel!

Name

Email *

Message *